Henry Kendall College (Muskogee, Okla.)
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
Item — Box: 1, item: 2
Scope and Contents In 1898, a new campus, three buildings and a home for the president, were built on 12th st, later Kendall Blvd, in Muskogee. A cabinet card showing the 4 buildings of the Muskogee Kendall Hill campus, altered to place them side by side. The buildings depicted are from left to right: the boy's dormitory, the main classroom and administration building, the girl's dormitory, and the president's house (still extant). The school graduated 27 students prior to moving to Tulsa in 1907 to form the...
Dates: approximately 1900
Scope and Contents A slide showing the football team. Kendall fielded the first football team in 1895 in Muskogee, playing a single game against Bacone College. They played three games in 1896, and three in 1897. That is the last year this photograph could have been taken since Milo Hendrix, standing center at the rear, graduated in spring of 1898.Identified as top row (L-R): Wright Moore, Milo Hendrix, Dick Swank, Edwin O. Clark. Middle row: Will Harrison, Norman Leard, Eugene Gilmore, Nina Tanyan, Percy...
Dates: Other: approximately 1895-1897
Scope and Contents A slide depicting an image of a cabinet card showing the area of the Presbyterian Church's Mission school for girls in Muskogee, Indian Territory. Taken from the corner of what is now 2nd St. and Okmulgee Ave., looking north. From left to right, the buildings are the Minerva House, the Presbyterian Church, and Stoddard Hall. Title is taken from writing on the card. A better version of this cabinet card is part of the Papers of the Robertson and Worcester families, 1815-1932. The handwriting...
Dates: Other: 1888
Item — Box: 1, Folder: 1, item: 1
Scope and Contents A cabinet card showing 18 people, Alice Robertson and students. Title is written on the verso of the card. Date is estimated. Digital image has been modified from the original for clarity.
Dates: approximately 1882- 1894