United States. Army. American Expeditionary Forces
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
Private Fred Hickerson's (Company B. 314th Ammo train, 89th Division) 87 page handwritten diary, recorded primarily while he was in France; plus a black/white snapshot of Fred Hickerson at age 60 laid in.
Diaries of John Archibald Campbell Colston, a John Hopkins urologist who served with the AEF during WWI. Documenting Colston's participation as one of the medical staff working for the AEF, tracing his activities from his departure on September 15, 1914 through Tuesday, February 23 the following year. A valuable first-hand look at the Great War, from the prospective of a doctor who served.
Pocket journal or notebook kept by an unidentified AEF Field Artillery soldier/officer, Company A, 114th Infantry Regiment, 30th Division, while in France, 1918.
Handwritten contents include: various lists of names of section members, men on specific details, surnames, supplies; disciplinary actions taken; daily schedules and routines; diagrams of manuevers; etc.
Ephemera of William G. Adams, 472nd Aero Squadron. Contents include: a pocket memorandum book with handwritten entries made primarily in England where Adams performed maintenance on aeroplanes plus newspaper clippings pasted in; printed program for the celebration of the squadron's one-year anniversary of service, 3 September 1918; and an orange and black felt pennant ("Aero Squadron: San Antonio, Tex") representing the squadron.
- Subject: World War, 1914-1918 -- Diaries X
- World War I Collection 3
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Manuscripts 2
- World War, 1914-1918 -- United States. 2
- World War, 1914-1918. 2
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Adams, William G. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- World War, 1914-1918. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Aerial operations, American 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Campaigns -- France 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Medical care 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Medical care -- United States 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives -- United States. 1 ∧ less