Skip to main content

Presbyterian School, Muskogee, 1888

 Item
Identifier: 1000-152-006
Presbyterian School, Muskogee, 1888

Scope and Contents

A slide depicting an image of a cabinet card showing the area of the Presbyterian Church's Mission school for girls in Muskogee, Indian Territory. Taken from the corner of what is now 2nd St. and Okmulgee Ave., looking north. From left to right, the buildings are the Minerva House, the Presbyterian Church, and Stoddard Hall. Title is taken from writing on the card. A better version of this cabinet card is part of the Papers of the Robertson and Worcester families, 1815-1932. The handwriting on the card is believed to be Alice Robertson’s. Please note that the Slide incorrectly identifies this as the Kendall Muskogee Campus. It’s merely the original campus starting in 1894.

Dates

  • Other: 1888

Access

This material is open for research use by any registered reader.

Extent

1 item : 1 B&W Slide ; 2.5 x 3.5 cm in 5 x 5 cm slide

Language of Materials

No linguistic content; Not applicable

Creator

Repository Details

Part of the The University of Tulsa, McFarlin Library, Department of Special Collections & University Archives Repository

Contact:
McFarlin Library
University of Tulsa
2933 E. 6th St
Tulsa 74104-3123 US US
918-631-2496
918-631-5022 (Fax)