Skip to main content

Henry Kendall College, Muskogee, approximately 1900

 Item — Box: 1, item: 2
Identifier: 2011.020.2
Henry Kendall College, Muskogee

Scope and Contents

In 1898, a new campus, three buildings and a home for the president, were built on 12th st, later Kendall Blvd, in Muskogee. A cabinet card showing the 4 buildings of the Muskogee Kendall Hill campus, altered to place them side by side. The buildings depicted are from left to right: the boy's dormitory, the main classroom and administration building, the girl's dormitory, and the president's house (still extant). The school graduated 27 students prior to moving to Tulsa in 1907 to form the nucleus of what would become The University of Tulsa.

Dates

  • approximately 1900

Creator

Access

This material is open for research use by any registered reader.

Extent

1 item : Black & white photograph print ; 17 x 32 cm

Language of Materials

English

Creator

Repository Details

Part of the The University of Tulsa, McFarlin Library, Department of Special Collections & University Archives Repository

Contact:
McFarlin Library
University of Tulsa
2933 E. 6th St
Tulsa 74104-3123 US US
918-631-2496
918-631-5022 (Fax)