All that was left of his home after Tulsa Race Riot, 1921-06
Scope and Contents
A postcard showing an unidentified man standing alone amidst the desolation and the ruins of what is described as his home. The placement of the ruins of Dunbar Elementary School in the background indicates that this photo was taken on either North Greenwood Ave. or North Frankfort Ave.
Title is taken from the writing on the face of the postcard. Digital image has been modified from the original for clarity.
The photographer is unidentified. The Postcards were first published in 1921.
Conditions Governing Access
These materials are open for research by any registered reader.
Conditions Governing Use
This high resolution image is provided as a community service. If it is used, please cite that the original is in the Department of Special Collections, McFarlin Library, The University of Tulsa.
1 item : Black and white Real Picture Postcard ; 9 x 14 cm
Language of Materials
Existence and Location of Copies
Original copies of this postcard can be found in the following collections: Ruth Sigler Avery Collection at OSU Tulsa; Hannibal Johnson’s private collection, the National Museum of African American History. The Beryl Ford Collection (with the Tulsa City-County Library and the Tulsa Historical Museum), the Oklahoma Historical Society, and the Greenwood Cultural Center have photographic copies.
- From the Collection: Curtis, Lori N. (Compiler, Person)
- From the Collection: Swinney, James Sidney, 1879-1949 (Photographer, Person)
- From the Collection: Krupnick, Alvin Charles, 1894-1952 (Photographer, Person)
- From the Collection: Trager, Earl A. (Earl Adam), 1893-1978 (Photographer, Person)
- From the Collection: Schmidt, Francis (Francis Albert), 1885-1944 (Photographer, Person)
- From the Collection: Hause, Joseph McMain, 1891-1984 (Photographer, Person)
- From the Collection: Carlson, I. Marc, 1962-2022 (Compiler, Person)
- From the Collection: Dudley, Arthur, 1881-1924 (Photographer, Person)
- From the Collection: Reeder, C. L. (Charles LaFayette), 1862-1926 (Photographer, Person)
Part of the The University of Tulsa, McFarlin Library, Department of Special Collections & University Archives Repository
University of Tulsa
2933 E. 6th St
Tulsa 74104-3123 USA