National Citizens' Committee for Winfred Lynn, 1943
Scope and Contents
"Dear Friend: We know that you, along with all democratically-minded citizens, are ashamed of the racial discrimination now being practised in our armed forces...The legal side of the Lynn Case is being handled by the American Civil Liberties Union...Funds are needed for legal expenses...." Includes a mail-in insert to accompany donations.
This material is open for research use by any registered reader.
1 sheet : Typed and signed letter, reproduced for mass mailing.
Language of Materials
- African American soldiers -- History -- 20th century
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- History -- 20th century
- African Americans -- Segregation -- United States -- History
- American Civil Liberties Union
- Hays, Arthur Garfield, 1881-1954
- Lynn, Winfred
- National Citizens' Committee for Winfred Lynn
- United States -- Armed Forces -- African Americans -- History -- 20th century.
Part of the The University of Tulsa, McFarlin Library, Department of Special Collections & University Archives Repository
University of Tulsa
2933 E. 6th St
Tulsa 74104-3123 USA