F. Scott Fitzgerald ephemera, 1919-1976
Scope and Contents
The correspondence consists of photocopied and photographically reproduced autograph letters by Fitzgerald and two greeting cards signed by Zelda Fitzgerald.
The writings, dating from 1920-1976, include two typescript draft poems attributed to Fitzgerald by S. Donovan Swann, Jr.; a facsimile of an autograph draft of a promotional piece for This Side of Paradise, a program for the stage adaptation of The Great Gatsby including a film producer's campaign book for the film adaptation; and a film producer's campaign book and movie marquee for the 1976 film adaptation of The Last Tycoon.
The photographs consist of snapshots of Fitzgerald, Zelda and daughter Scottie, as well as views of several of their residences.
The miscellaneous materials consist of a certified copy of Fitzgerald's death certificate, exhibition catalogues, publisher's advertisements, and press cuttings about Fitzgerald.
- 1919 - 1976
Use and Copyright
Biographical / Historical
1.25 Linear Feet (2 boxes)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Authors, American -- 20th century
- Blodgett, Glen Watson
- Firestone, Willard D.
- Fitzgerald, F. Scott (Francis Scott), 1896-1940 (Author)
- Greensfelder, Elmer L., 1892-1966
- Moran, Lois, 1909-1990
- Novelists, American -- 20th century.
- Perkins, Maxwell E. (Maxwell Evarts), 1884-1947
- Special Collections -- Ephemera -- Fitzgerald, F. Scott.
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Fitzgerald, F. Scott
- Swann, S. Donovan, 1899-1954
- F. Scott Fitzgerald ephemera, 1919-1976
- Milissa Burkart
- 1994 July
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Part of the The University of Tulsa, McFarlin Library, Department of Special Collections & University Archives Repository
University of Tulsa
2933 E. 6th St
Tulsa 74104-3123 US US