Peggy Hamilton. Three Years or the Duration: The Memoirs of a Munitions Worker, 1914-1918
Scope and Contents
Layouts of title page and preliminary pages, heavily revised typescript, mock-up/layout of proposed illustrations, and original specimen pages (Peter Owen Ltd/Daedalus Press 1978 edition) of Lady Peggy Hamilton's memoir, Three Years or the Duration, concerning women workers in English munition factories during World War I. The book was published in 1978 by Peter Owen.
- 1914 - 1918
- Hamilton, Peggy, Lady, 1895- (Author, Person)
These materials are in English.
This material is open for research use by any registered reader.
Use and Copyright
This material is owned by the University of Tulsa, McFarlin Library, Department of Special Collections. Unpublished manuscripts are under copyright. Therefore, permission to publish, quote, or reproduce must be secured from both the repository and the copyright holder.
1.5 Linear Feet (1 box, 1 oversize box (Galleys, 91 p. typescript, 122 p.))
Collection shelved on 3rd floor and 5th floor oversize shelves.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Defense industries -- Great Britain -- Employees -- Biography.
- Great Britain. Army
- Great Britain. Army -- Ordinance and ordnance stores.
- Great Britain. Army -- Ordnance facilities
- Great Britain. Ministry of Munitions
- Munition workers -- Great Britain
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- World War, 1914-1918.
- Special Collections -- Photographs -- World War, 1914-1918.
- Weapons industry -- Employees
- Women -- Employment -- England -- History.
- World War I Collection
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Economic aspects
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Manuscripts
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Photographs.
- World War, 1914-1918 -- War work -- Great Britain.
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Women -- Great Britain.
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Women.
- Peggy Hamilton. Three Years or the Duration: The Memoirs of a Munitions Worker, 1914-1918
- Milissa Burkart
- 2013 September
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Part of the The University of Tulsa, McFarlin Library, Department of Special Collections & University Archives Repository
University of Tulsa
2933 E. 6th St
Tulsa 74104-3123 USA