Shofner family ephemera, 1930s-1973
Scope and Contents
Correspondence between Harry Morey and his family during WWII; early school photographs featuring Harry Morey and fellow classmates; press cuttings and photo-reproduction regarding his death while a prisoner of war; Wilson High School yearbooks and other ephemera related to James E. Shofner; group photograph of the Spartan AAFTTD civilian instructors; group photograph of the Accounting Department of the Mid-Continent Petroleum Corp., 1935; handwritten school report (house in an illustrated binder) on the Tulsa Race Riot by JoAnn Shofner; and photo-negatives and b/w portrait (probably a high school graduation portrait) of Janna McCullough.
- 1930 - 1973
These materials are in English.
This material is open for research use by any registered reader.
Use and Copyright
This material is owned by the University of Tulsa, McFarlin Library, Department of Special Collections. Unpublished manuscripts are under copyright. Therefore, permission to publish, quote, or reproduce must be secured from both the repository and the copyright holder.
0.25 Linear Feet (1 box)
Collection shelved on 3rd floor.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Group identity -- Social aspects -- Oklahoma -- Tulsa -- History -- 20th century
- McCullough, Janna
- Morey, A. W.
- Morey, Agnes, 1920-2012
- Morey, Ernest E., 1881-1952
- Morey, Harold A., 1918-1945
- Shofner, JoAnn
- Special Collections -- Ephemera -- Shofner, Jackie Sue.
- Tulsa (Okla.) -- Race Relations
- Tulsa (Okla.) -- Riot, 1921
- Tulsa Race Massacre, Tulsa, Okla., 1921
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Correspondence.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons
- World War, 1939-1945.
- Jackie Sue Shofner family ephemera, 1930s-1973
- Milissa Burkart
- 2016 September
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note