Farm Security Administration photographs, approximately 1930s-1940s
Scope and Contents
The Farm Security Administration Photographs, housed in three standard-sized and one half standard-sized document boxes, consists of approximately 1,350 images reproduced from the original negatives of the Farm Security Administration photographs housed in the Library of Congress. The majority of the images were made by Russell Lee, but the collection includes a smaller number made by Jack Delano, Dorothea Lange, John Vachon and Arthur Rothstein. All photographs are attributed to Lee unless otherwise noted.
The photographs (in 8 x 10 format) are arranged by the order numbers assigned to them by the Library of Congress rather than by subject matter or related images.
- approximately 1930s-1940s
- Farmer, David Robb (Compiler, Person)
Use and Copyright
Biographical / Historical
The majority of the images were made by Russell Lee, but the collection includes a smaller number made by Jack Delano, Dorothea Lange, John Vachon and Arthur Rothstein. All photographs are attributed to Lee unless otherwise noted.
2 Linear Feet (4 boxes containing approximately 1,350 black/white 8 x 10" format glossy images.)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Agriculture -- Oklahoma -- Photographs.
- Delano, Jack, 1914-1997 (Photographer)
- Documentary photography -- Oklahoma.
- Great Depression -- 1929 -- Oklahoma.
- Lange, Dorothea, 1895-1965 (Photographer)
- Lee, Russell, 1903-1986 (Photographer)
- Oil wells -- Oklahoma -- Photographs.
- Oklahoma -- History.
- Oklahoma -- Rural conditions -- Photographs.
- Oklahoma -- Social conditions -- Photographs.
- Railroads -- Oklahoma -- Photographs.
- Rothstein, Arthur, 1915-1985 (Photographer)
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Farm Security Administration.
- Vachon, John, 1914-1975 (Photographer)
- Library of Congress. Department of Prints & Photographs (Bookseller, Organization)
- Farm Security Administration photographs, circa 1930s-1940s
- Milissa Burkart
- 1986 August
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Part of the The University of Tulsa, McFarlin Library, Department of Special Collections & University Archives Repository
University of Tulsa
2933 E. 6th St
Tulsa 74104-3123 US US