J. B. (Jesse Bartley) Milam papers, 1925-1950
Photographs include photographs of Milam, scenes of the Cherokees removal from the Camp Gruber area, and scenes from a ceremony for the preservation of the original house built by Sequoyah.
Milam library-related material consisting of book lists, book dealer catalogues, accession records, and library card catalogues of the Milam Library holdings. The Milam library is centered on the history of the Cherokee Nation and consists of some 2,000 titles and includes tribal and US government documents, virtually all books written about the Cherokees before 1950, books printed in Cherokee, and a number of important manuscripts. Records for books and bound documents from the Milam library can be found on the online catalogue.
Miscellaneous materials include extraneous Milam notes, used envelopes, Tulsa Reception Committee ribbon, photo-reproduction of an ink sketch of Hillside House by John B. Jeffries, credit card holder with Milam business cards, pocket-sized ring binder (containing various typewritten lists of stockholders of local banks, list of relations and their birthdates, names and addresses of the Osage Tribal Council and other notes), and a reproduction of the U.S. Declaration of Independence.
- 1925 - 1950
- Milam, J. B. (Jesse Bartley), 1884-1949 (Collector, Person)
Use and Copyright
14.25 Linear Feet (18 boxes. 2 oversized boxes; Milam library.)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Chandler, Zachariah (Correspondent)
- Cherokee Indians -- Bibliography.
- Cherokee Indians -- Biography.
- Cherokee Indians -- Finance.
- Cherokee Indians -- Government relations.
- Cherokee Indians -- History.
- Cherokee Indians -- Land tenure.
- Cherokee Indians -- Politics and government.
- Cherokee Indians -- Treaties.
- Cherokee Indians.
- Delano , Columbus (Correspondent)
- Jesse Bartley (J. B.) Milam papers.
- Smith, Edward Parmalee (Correspondent)
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Milam, J. B.
- Taylor, James (Correspondent)
- Viles, Phillip, Sr. (Correspondent)
- J.B. (Jesse Bartley) Milam papers, 1925-1950
- Jennifer Carlson
- circa 1990s
- Language of description
- 2018-06-08: Inventory and bring up to current standards.
Part of the The University of Tulsa, McFarlin Library, Department of Special Collections & University Archives Repository
University of Tulsa
2933 E. 6th St
Tulsa 74104-3123 US US