Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Contents Consists of editorial, production and publicity files for approximately 2000 books published by this London firm. Includes correspondence with Jean Rhys, Stevie Smith, and V.S. Naipaul, among many others. Also represents a great deal of the work of Deutsch editor Diana Athill who influenced women's writing in Britain.
Dates: 1952 - 1995
Content Description Complete typescript with autograph corrections of John Updike's novel Couples.
Scope and Contents An artificial collection that consists of single and/or small groups of letters, small groups of related literary materials, individual or small groups of manuscripts such as poems and similar individual pieces which were deemed at one time to be of sufficient bulk to be placed into separate collections. These materials were acquired independently of larger collections. The period covered is primarily the first half or so of the twentieth century, but there are selected items dating well into...
Dates: 1862 - 1989; Majority of material found within 1925 - 1970
- Names: Updike, John, 1932-2009 X
- Publishers and publishing. 2
- Authors, American -- 20th century 1
- Authors, American -- Correspondence 1
- Authors, American -- Correspondence -- 20th century 1
- Authors, English -- 20th century 1
- Authors, English -- 20th century -- Correspondence 1
- Authors, English -- Correspondence 1
- Egypt -- Description and travel 1
- Indians of North America -- Colorado 1
- Photography, Artistic. 1
- Photojournalism -- United States 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Andre Deutsch Ltd. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Updike, John 1
- Syria -- Description and travel 1 ∧ less