Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Scope and Contents Consists of editorial, production and publicity files for approximately 2000 books published by this London firm. Includes correspondence with Jean Rhys, Stevie Smith, and V.S. Naipaul, among many others. Also represents a great deal of the work of Deutsch editor Diana Athill who influenced women's writing in Britain.
Dates: 1952 - 1995
Scope and Contents Clear glass window panes, originally from Edmund Wilson's home, each written on (i.e. etched) by various individuals including Stephen Spender, John Wain, Dorothy Parker, and A. Bellinger. One single pane has been signed by various individuals (Lillian L Burnham, Gertrude Loomis Hildah Mary F[---], Malcolm [Shay], Dorothy Reed Furbish Sharp, William E. Loeb, Eugenia Sharp Loeb, Otis Munn, and Fern Munn) on verso of an etched poem (author unknown).
Scope and Contents Consists of 74 handwritten, typed and carbon copy typed letters, postcards and telegrams between Wilson and various editors at Doubleday & Company (including brief correspondence between Jason Epstein and Leonard Baskin concerning a proposed portrait of Wilson for a dust jacket), as well as correspondence with friends and colleagues such as Leon Edel, Helen Gould, Sidney Hook, Elizabeth Huling and Henry Miller. Also included are handwritten, typed, and carbon copy typed drafts of book...
Dates: 1911 - 1972
Content Description Annotated cards describing materials in the Edmund Wilson library.
Dates: 1988; Publication: 1568 - 1988
Scope and Contents The library of Sir Rupert Hart-Davis, publisher, editor, author and man of letters, contains over 18,000 volumes, many with letters and other correspondence tucked in. A man who enjoyed extraordinary position within the publishing profession, Hart-Davis was the literary executor for such authors as Edmund Blunden, Sir Max Beerbohm, Sir Hugh Walpole, and the poet, Siegfried Sassoon, all who entrusted to him what they cared about most. As an editor, Hart-Davis produced volumes of the letters of...
- Names: Wilson, Edmund, 1895-1972 X
- Authors, American -- 20th century 2
- Publishers and publishing. 2
- Authors -- Autographs 1
- Authors and publishers. 1
- Authors, American -- Correspondence -- 20th century 1
- Authors, English -- 20th century 1
- Authors, English -- 20th century -- Correspondence 1
- Biography as a literary form 1
- Criticism -- United States. 1
- Literature. 1
- Special Collections -- Artefacts -- Edmund Wilson etched window panes. 1
- Special Collections -- Correspondence -- Hart-Davis, Rupert. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Andre Deutsch Ltd. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Hart-Davis, Rupert. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Kirkpatrick, Ken. 1 ∧ less