Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Scope and Contents 90 cassette tapes containing poetry readings from the collection of Beat-Poet B.L. Kennedy.
Dates: 1974 - 1993
Scope and Contents This collection consists of eleven notebooks which contain handwritten rough drafts of poems and letters, drawings, calculations, autobiographical notes, and in some cases, addresses and appointments. Poem titles include "Love poems to Jocelyn", "O World, Who is God", "Recollections of the 1930s", "Sadism", "I saw an angel today", "Theory on new poetics", and "The historian of the ape". Most poems are untitled. Drawings include one of Allen Ginsberg and Basil Bunting reading at...
Dates: 1960 - 1984; Majority of material found within 1975 - 1977
Scope and Contents Juanita Bourns, born in Woodward, OK, was a poet, english teacher. The collection consists of the photocopy of the manuscript of "Metaphysical Letters to Virginia" and a handwritten cover letter regarding the manuscript.
Content Description This collection, formed by University of Tulsa alum Roger R. Easson, contains 283 books, chapbooks, broadsides, and editions containing work by the American poet Robert Bly. Also included is a complete collection of the Fifties, Sixties and Seventies Press publications for which Bly was the publisher. In addition, there are 431 periodical volumes containing poems, interviews and essays dating from 1953-1983. Most people recognize Robert Bly as the author of Iron John: A Book about Men.
Dates: 1972 - 1981
Scope and Contents Consists of correspondence from poets, artists, musicians, writers, and publishers to Michael Andre, founder and editor. The archive includes manuscripts (not used for publication), advertising, gallery announcements, circulars, photographs, art work and mechanicals, transcriptions of interviews with poets (including Ginsberg), and recordings of interviews and readings.
Dates: 1973 - 1985
- American poetry -- 20th century 4
- Poetry, Modern -- 20th century. 3
- Beat generation -- Poetry 2
- American poetry -- 20th century -- Periodicals 1
- Authors and publishers. 1
- Bohemianism -- United States. 1
- Books -- Reviews. 1
- Essayists, American -- 20th century. 1
- Interviews. 1
- Live sound recordings. 1
- Oklahoma -- Poetry. 1
- Posters -- 20th century. 1
- Publishers and publishing. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Bourns, Juanita. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Corso, Gregory. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Unmuzzled ox. 1
- Unmuzzled ox. 1 ∧ less
- English 4
- Multiple languages 1
- Andre, Michael 1
- Bly, Robert, 1926- 1
- Bourns, Juanita Walker, 1917-1990 1
- Bunting, Basil Cheesman, 1900-1985 1
- Charles Apfelbaum Rare Manuscripts and Archives 1