Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Scope and Contents Collection consists of 68 letters, half of which are from J.R. Ackerley to Patricia Avis Strang Murphy the wife of Anglo-Irish poet Richard Murphy. The other 34 letters, addressed to Patricia, are from mutual friends of Ackerley and Murphy, which include Kingsley Amis, Dan Jacobson, Patrick Kavanagh, Bruce Montgomery, Edna O'Brien, Brian O'Nolan, Honor Tracy and Richard Murphy. Included with the collection is a lengthy essay prepared by Colin Franklin, which discusses Ackerley, his home...
Dates: 1951 - 1968
Scope and Contents
Includes proofs and published copies of Bliss's own works, other books from her personal library, correspondence, a manuscript from her mother on a 1907 earthquake, photographs, and ephemera, much of which was used as page markers in her books.
Dates: 1907 - 1994
- Authors, American -- Correspondence 1
- Authors, Irish -- Correspondence 1
- Novelists, English -- 20th century. 1
- Poetry, Modern -- 20th century. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Ackerley, J. R. 1
- Ackerley, J. R. (Joe Randolph), 1896-1967 1
- Allan-Burns, Patricia 1
- Amis, Kingsley William, Sir, 1922-1995 1
- Bliss, Eliot, 1903-1990 1
- Honor, Tracy, 1915- 1