Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 21
Content Description Holograph, record book of brands and ear marks from ranches in northeastern Indian Territory. Title from purchase slip. Note laid in: This book of brands was compiled by John Franklin, Vinita, I.T., in the 1880s. Book cover: Compliments of the Standard Live Stock Commission Co. Capitol $200,000. Chicago, Ill.
Dates: approximately 1880
Scope and Contents Consists of 53 autograph and typescript letters and a variety of autograph and printed documents generated and/or received by the heirs of Albert Pike (Yvon and Lilian Pike) in their effort to receive monetary compensation for services rendered by Albert Pike in his capacity as legal counsel for the Choctaw Nation. Correspondents include Green McCurtain (Principal Chief of the Choctaw Nation), James K. Jones (U. S. Senator of Arkansas), Archibald S. McKennon (U. S. Department of the Interior,...
Dates: 1872 - 1901
Scope and Contents Correspondence, diaries, notebooks, Creek (Muskogee) tribal materials, scrapbooks, photos, memorabilia and printed matter, pertaining to Samuel Austein Worcester, missionary to the Cherokees, his daughter Anna Eliza Worcester Roberston, his granddaughter Alice Mary Robertson, her father William Schenck Roberson, other members of her family, the reverent Timothy Hill, Robert McGill Loughridge, John Lowrie, James C. Pilling, and Pleasant Porter. Concerns missions, indian education, printing and...
Dates: 1815 - 1932
An act to define the status of freedmen and their descendants now resident in the Cherokee Nation and who were slaves in the country at the commencement of the rebellion, approximately 1881
Identifier: E99.C5-C42 1881z
Scope and Contents Handwritten document which seeks to establish that all freedmen who were resident in the Cherokee Nation at the commencement of the American Civil War and who were at that time slaves of any Cherokee or other citizen and were liberated by voluntary act or by law but who did not necessarily return to the Cherokee country within the time specified within the treaty of 1866, be granted the same rights and privileges as other adopted citizens of the Cherokee Nation. Although the document was...
Dates: approximately 1881
Scope and Contents Manuscript of The Slaveholding Indians, which includes The American Indian as Slaveholder and Seccessionist; The American Indian as Participant in the Civil War; and The American Indian Under Reconstruction. Includes preliminary pages, footnotes, bibliography, maps, and printer's proofs of photographic illustrations.
Dates: approximately 1910
Brand book of the Muskoke and Seminole live stock: Together with their constitution and by-laws, adopted at Muskogee, Indian Territory
Identifier: SF103.4.I56-M87 1884
Scope and Contents A printed brand book detailing various brands used around Muskogee, Eufala, Okmulgee, and the region.
Content Description Handwritten record book ; "Hand-drawn and identified listing of brands and ear marks from ranches in northeastern Indian Territory, c.1882-1897", from guide to Oklahoma historical documents and photos collection, no further source given. Title from guide.
Dates: approximately 1880
Scope and Contents 45 topographic maps of the Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Texas Indian Territory areas.
Dates: 1900 - 1904
Content Description Handwritten and typescript, 2 ring binder listing of brands and ear marks from ranches in northeastern Indian Territory ; Ben Franklin written on both front and rear inside covers
Scope and Contents The Inez Lacey Evans manuscripts consist of handwritten and typed manuscripts for The Spent Arrow by Inez Lacey Evans, the handwritten manuscripts of “The Story Behind The Story” by Robley D. Evans, publication blurbs, photographs of Anadarko, Oklahoma (c.1900), research material, and correspondence. The Spent Arrow is a book of historical fiction about a pre-Territory settlement on the Washita River near what is now known as Anadarko, Oklahoma. The original manuscript was written...
Dates: 1900 - 1987
- Cherokee Nation. National Council 2
- Milam, Jesse Bartley, 1884-1949 2
- Robertson, Alice Mary, 1854-1931 2
- Abel, Annie Heloise, 1873-1947 1
- Bass, William 1
- California State University, Chico. Meriam Library 1
- Charles Seluzicki, Fine and Rare Books. 1
- Colwell, Mollie 1
- Cookson, E. L. 1
- DeMoss, Robert W. 1
- Debo, Angie Elbertha, 1890-1988 1
- Donaldson, Thomas Blaine, 1876-1947 1
- Eliot, T. S. (Thomas Stearns), 1888-1965 1
- Evans, Inez Lacey 1
- Evans, Robert L. 1
- Evans, Robley D. 1
- Farmer, David Robb 1
- Franklin, Ben 1
- Frye, C. O. 1
- Geological Survey (U.S.) 1
- Gilpin, George H. 1
- Henneke, Ben Graf, 1914-2009 1
- Huttner, Sidney F. 1
- Joyce, James, 1882-1941 1
- Lawrence, D. H. (David Herbert), 1885-1930 1
- Lindsey, Lilah Denton, 1860-1943 1
- Logsdon, Guy William, 1934-2018 1
- Lowrey, H. C. (Henry Clay), 1849-1902 1
- Léon, Paul L. (Paul Léopoldovitch), 1893-1942 1
- Main Street USA Antiques 1
- Misch, Fannie Brownlee, 1889-1981 1
- Morris, Lerona Rosamond, 1884-1967 1
- Muskoke and Seminole live stock association 1
- Naipaul, V. S. (Vidiadhar Surajprasad), 1932-2018 1
- Oskison, John M. (John Milton), 1874-1947 1
- Pike, Albert, 1809-1891 1
- Ross, John, 1790-1866 1
- Staley, Thomas F. 1
- University of Tulsa. McFarlin Library. Department of Special Collections and University Archives 1
- Unknown provenance 1
- Weaver, Harriet Shaw, 1876-1961 1
- Worcester family 1
- Worcester, S. A. (Samuel Austin), 1798-1859 1
- Zoschack, Vic 1 ∧ less