Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Scope and Contents Sound recordings of Ponca and other Native American songs collected by Tony Isaacs and Jim Steiner while making a documentary film about the Poncas. Includes recordings of peyote and other religious ceremonies. All of the recordings are on seven-inch tape reels, recorded monaural at 7 1/2 inches per second, on one or both sides. Nine of the reels record a June 1965 Grey Horse ceremony; six reels are of a Pawhuska meeting later the same month; six reels record Memorial Day dances in May of...
Dates: 1961 - 1965
- Repository: The University of Tulsa, McFarlin Library, Department of Special Collections & University Archives X
- Subject: Indians of North America -- Great Plains -- Music X
- Subject: Ponca Indians. X
- Subject: Indians dance -- North America. X
- Subject: Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Tony Isaacs - Jim Steiner collection. X