Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Scope and Contents A photograph album containing approximately 44 images (some duplicates or alternate views) taken in Salinka and further Macedonia, 1916-1917. Most images have some form of caption. Indentified individuals and units include "Father Verzin", the "Royal Munsters", several group shots if the "Officers of the 1st BN, Royal Irish Regiment" "Capt. Magner and Jolly Coy Commanders" (probably John Magner): "Capt ----- Royal Munster Fusiliers". The owner may have been an officer in the 1st BN, Royal...
Dates: 1916 - 1917
Scope and Contents An album of tipped-in photographs compiled by an unidentified soldier--a member of the 3rd Home Counties Brigade, A Royal Field Artillery (Cinque Ports) division of Britain's Territorial Forces during WWI; the division's purpose was to relieve regular troops needed at the Front. The photos document the soldier's service in India and Mesopotania, showing a variety of both personal and professional experiences ranging from tourist-type acitivities, hunting excursions, and views of the brigade in...
Dates: 1914 - 1918
- Postcards -- World War I. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Salonika Macedonia photograph album. 1
- Special Collections -- Scrapbooks -- World War I. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Great Britain 1
- Francine O'Hornett account 1
- Great Britain. Army. Royal Irish Regiment 1
- Great Britain. Army. Royal Munster Fusiliers 1
- Tavistock Books 1
- Unknown provenance 1