Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Scope and Contents First acquisition: 86 photo-postcard and photo archive of Erich Pattky, a German telephonist during WWI. Postcard messages are from Pattky to his parents in Berlin, Germany. Postcard images depict various soldiers' activities, accommodations and equipment. According to the bookseller, Pattky was probably stationed in France. Included are Christmas celebration cards. Many cards have been trimmed, possibly to accommodate the size of the wartime envelopes. Second acquisition: ...
Dates: 1914 - 1940
Scope and Contents Scrapbook/photo album of I.J.Clendinnen of the Queen Mary's Army Auxiliary Corps. Contents include photo-postcards, B/W snapshots, newspaper clippings, postage stamps, dance cards, menus and programmes. All items are pasted onto gray paper scrapbook pages. The album is covered in fabric of geometric design and tied with a black cord with wooden beads.
Dates: 1910 - 1922
Scope and Contents The Kriegs Erinnerungen (War Memories) photographs. A historical WWI German photographic album kept by an unidentified member of the 64th feld Flieger Abteilung (Field Aviation Unit). Book contains 324 photos on 80 pages covering the period of 1915-16. The album details the aviation group's journey to the front, features aeorodromes, personnel, equipment. 53 photos feature aircraft including a series of the rare Pfalz E1 of which only 60 were built. The Feld Flieger Abteilung 64 was...
Dates: 1915 - 1916
Scope and Contents The archive of 2nd Lt. Otto Biber of the 17th Bavarian Regiment. Includes approximately 220 letters and cards, 15 photographs, pocket calendar, newspaper death notices of fellow soldiers, and miscellaneous documents.
Dates: 1914 - 1934
Scope and Contents 138 page manuscript pocket diary, 2 studio portraits, 4 photo-postcards, and death certificate of Medical-Segeant Schreiner Reinhold Rott, Ersatzbataillon, 3rd Bavarian Reserve Infantry Regiment In German.
Dates: 1914 - 1918
Scope and Contents 124 page personal journal kept by Theo Freudenbergs in the years 1914, 1915, and 1916, while in the German Army. A studio portrait of Freudenbergs, pictured in uniform with medals, is pasted onto verso of front cover. Text in German.
Dates: 1914 - 1916
Scope and Contents A broad range of subject matter depicted in 238 snapshots. Subjects include ground-based weaponry (French, German), observation balloons and Zeppelins (American, German); aeroplanes (German, American); naval vessels and ferries; ruins (France, Belgium, Germany); soldiers. Also among the collection are approximately 81 snapshots from a later period, circa 1935, of barracks, airplanes, airports, etc.
Dates: 1918 - 1935; Majority of material found within 1918 - 1919
- World War, 1914-1918. 6
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Correspondence. 2
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Diaries 2
- World War, 1914-1918 -- France 2
- Aeronautics, Military -- Germany -- History 1
- Air power -- Germany -- History 1
- Special Collections -- Photographs -- Kriegs Erinnerungen. 1
- United States -- Emigration and immigration. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Aerial operations, American 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Aerial operations, German 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Campaigns -- France 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Great Britain 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Manuscripts 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Naval Operations, British 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Naval Operations, United States 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- United States. 1 ∧ less
- German 5
- English 2
- Powers Rare Books 4
- Charles Apfelbaum Rare Manuscripts and Archives 2
- Biber, Otto 1
- Clendinnen, I. J. 1
- Freudenberg, Theo 1