Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Content Description 3 short manuscripts and over 130 letters, notes and post cards, most handwritten by Blunden.
Dates: 1947 - 1974
Scope and Contents J. Howard Woolmer collecton of Poetry Bookshop research materials consists largely of Woolmer's research materials and pre-publication drafts of the bibliography but includes PBS manuscripts and ephemeral printing. The collection is organized into two series: Series 1: Correspondence: Joy Grant: letters from British writers and collegues of Harold Monro in reply to Grant as she wrote Harold Monro and the Poetry Bookshop (London: Routledge and Kegan Paul, 1967) including correspondents J.R. ...
Dates: 1913 - 1988
Scope and Contents An artificial collection that consists of single and/or small groups of letters, small groups of related literary materials, individual or small groups of manuscripts such as poems and similar individual pieces which were deemed at one time to be of sufficient bulk to be placed into separate collections. These materials were acquired independently of larger collections. The period covered is primarily the first half or so of the twentieth century, but there are selected items dating well into...
Dates: 1862 - 1989; Majority of material found within 1925 - 1970
Scope and Contents The library of Sir Rupert Hart-Davis, publisher, editor, author and man of letters, contains over 18,000 volumes, many with letters and other correspondence tucked in. A man who enjoyed extraordinary position within the publishing profession, Hart-Davis was the literary executor for such authors as Edmund Blunden, Sir Max Beerbohm, Sir Hugh Walpole, and the poet, Siegfried Sassoon, all who entrusted to him what they cared about most. As an editor, Hart-Davis produced volumes of the letters of...
- Publishers and publishing. 3
- Authors and publishers. 1
- Authors, American -- Correspondence 1
- Authors, American -- Correspondence -- 20th century 1
- Authors, English -- 20th century -- Correspondence 1
- Authors, English -- Correspondence 1
- Biography as a literary form 1
- Egypt -- Description and travel 1
- Indians of North America -- Colorado 1
- Literature. 1
- Photography, Artistic. 1
- Photojournalism -- United States 1
- Poetry bookshop collection. 1
- Poets, English -- Correspondence. 1
- Special Collections -- Correspondence -- Hart-Davis, Rupert. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Hart-Davis, Rupert. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Poetry Bookshop. 1
- Syria -- Description and travel 1 ∧ less