Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Contents Consists of 89 handwritten letters and postcards, and 1 telegram to John E. Dobbin, Brion Gysin, and Sir Francis and Frederica Rose. Also included is one typed letter (as secretary to Gertrude Stein) to John Hinsdale Thompson.
Dates: 1933 - 1961
Scope and Contents Consists of correspondence between Nin and colleagues and between her publisher, Peter Owen and others, particularly her literary agent, Gunther Stuhlmann. Also included is Nin's typescript draft of her essay, "On Writing, Writer and Symbols," a transcription of Nin's introduction to Anna Kavan's Ice, as well as draft introductions to Ladders to fire and Children of the albatross and a preface to Cities of the interior, all written by Gunther Stuhlmann.
Dates: 1969 - 1992
Scope and Contents An artificial collection that consists of single and/or small groups of letters, small groups of related literary materials, individual or small groups of manuscripts such as poems and similar individual pieces which were deemed at one time to be of sufficient bulk to be placed into separate collections. These materials were acquired independently of larger collections. The period covered is primarily the first half or so of the twentieth century, but there are selected items dating well into...
Dates: 1862 - 1989; Majority of material found within 1925 - 1970
- Authors, American -- 20th century 2
- Authors, American -- Correspondence 1
- Authors, English -- Correspondence 1
- Egypt -- Description and travel 1
- Erotic literature. 1
- Feminist fiction, American. 1
- Indians of North America -- Colorado 1
- Paris (France) -- Intellectual life. 1
- Photography, Artistic. 1
- Photojournalism -- United States 1
- Publishers and publishing. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Nin, Anais. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Toklas, Alice B. 1
- Syria -- Description and travel 1
- Women in literature 1 ∧ less