Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Scope and Contents Letters from Jean Rhys to Alexis Lykiard; photographs and snapshots featuring Jean Rhys to be used for proposed photo-illustrations for Lykiard's book, Jean Rhys Revisited; 3 audio cassette recording of ; and 2 video tapes (content unknown).
Dates: 1969 - 1976
Scope and Contents Consists of editorial, production and publicity files for approximately 2000 books published by this London firm. Includes correspondence with Jean Rhys, Stevie Smith, and V.S. Naipaul, among many others. Also represents a great deal of the work of Deutsch editor Diana Athill who influenced women's writing in Britain.
Dates: 1952 - 1995
Scope and Contents Correspondence relating to the foreign rights for translations of Rhys's works including correspondence between Rhys's executor and her agents; correspondence between her agents and overseas publishers. Also includes miscellaneous correspondence including an inquiry from Richard Adams.
Dates: 1970 - 1971
Scope and Contents Consist of handwritten, typed, carbon copy typed and photocopied typescripts, galley proofs and page notes, of short stories, television scripts, and novels including The Family and The Woods (2 novels in the trilogy, The Francoeur Novels) and one segment, “Jean" in Difficult Women; also included are handwritten notes and typescripts from Plante’s collaboration with Jean Rhys for Smile Please, 2 manuscript notebooks, 67 carbon copy typescript reader’s reports submitted by Plante (each including...
Dates: 1963 - 1982
Scope and Contents Manuscripts relating to colonial writer and author of Wide Sargasso Sea: drafts of stories, letters to, from and about her; sound recordings; reviews of her books; interviews with and articles about her.Jean Rhys (1890-1979) had two intensely creative periods in her career as novelist and story writer; the first from about 1920 to 1935 and the second from about 1950 until her death in 1979. Apart from her published work, few records of the earlier period are known to survive. This...
Dates: 1920 - 1991; Majority of material found within 1949 - 1979
- Authors, English -- 20th century 3
- Authors, American -- 20th century 2
- Authors, English -- 20th century -- Correspondence 2
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Rhys, Jean. 2
- Authors and publishers. 1
- Authors, American -- Correspondence -- 20th century 1
- Novelists, American -- 20th century. 1
- Novelists, English -- 20th century -- Biography. 1
- Publishers and publishing. 1
- Special Collections -- Correspondence -- Rhys, Jean. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Andre Deutsch Ltd. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Plante, David. 1
- Special Collections -- Photographs. 1
- Special Collections. 1
- Translators. 1
- West Indies, British 1 ∧ less