Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Contents The George Bernard Shaw ephemera consists of handwritten and typed correspondence between William D. Cox and Shaw and a typed letter from Cox's publisher to Cox. The remaining material consists of theatre programs of productions of Shaw's plays and photocopies of press cuttings of articles by and about Shaw.
Dates: 1905 - 1941
Scope and Contents Contains office copies of books published by Secker into which a variety of materials were laid in, tipped in, or pasted in to many of them. These materials include handwritten and typed cards, letters and royalty receipts; Richards Press and Martin Secker publication announcements; press cuttings of book reviews and articles; photographs and clipped photographic illustrations; handwritten poems and essays; and fragments of dust jackets and dust jacket blurbs.Items which could be...
Dates: 1908 - 1977; Majority of material found within 1910 - 1941
Scope and Contents An artificial collection that consists of single and/or small groups of letters, small groups of related literary materials, individual or small groups of manuscripts such as poems and similar individual pieces which were deemed at one time to be of sufficient bulk to be placed into separate collections. These materials were acquired independently of larger collections. The period covered is primarily the first half or so of the twentieth century, but there are selected items dating well into...
Dates: 1862 - 1989; Majority of material found within 1925 - 1970
- Authors and publishers. 1
- Authors, American -- Correspondence 1
- Authors, English -- 20th century -- Correspondence 1
- Authors, English -- Correspondence 1
- Egypt -- Description and travel 1
- English literature -- Irish authors. 1
- Indians of North America -- Colorado 1
- Irish literature -- 20th century. 1
- Photography, Artistic. 1
- Photojournalism -- United States 1
- Publishers and publishing. 1
- Special Collections -- Correspondence -- Shaw, George Bernard. 1
- Special Collections -- Ephemera -- Shaw, George Bernard. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Secker, Martin. 1
- Syria -- Description and travel 1
- Theater -- 19th century. 1
- Theatre -- 20th century. 1 ∧ less