Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Contents Consists of editorial, production and publicity files for approximately 2000 books published by this London firm. Includes correspondence with Jean Rhys, Stevie Smith, and V.S. Naipaul, among many others. Also represents a great deal of the work of Deutsch editor Diana Athill who influenced women's writing in Britain.
Dates: 1952 - 1995
Content Description Scores and recordings of music setting of poems by Stevie Smith 1) A Good Time Was Had by All, 2) All about Lions 3) Away Melancholy. The midi files should be listened to whilst viewing the score to get a realistic idea of the piece.
Dates: 1991 - 2010
Scope and Contents This collection is comprised of a major part of of British poet and novelist Stevie Smith's (Florence Margaret Smith) manuscripts and drawings, including 800 sheets of draft poems, some with multiple poem entries; typescript of The Holiday; broadcast scripts, poetry readings, drawings, manuscripts, postcards, notebooks, correspondence and family records and photographs.Also included is the personal library with 90 volumes of her own writing, many of which contain autograph...
Dates: 1924 - 1970
- Authors, American -- 20th century 1
- Authors, American -- Correspondence -- 20th century 1
- Authors, English -- 20th century 1
- Authors, English -- 20th century -- Correspondence 1
- Music -- Scores. 1
- Novelists, English -- 20th century. 1
- Poets, British -- 20th century. 1
- Publishers and publishing. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Andre Deutsch Ltd. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Mitchell-Davidson, Paul 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Smith, Stevie. 1
- Stevie Smith Collection. 1 ∧ less