Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Scope and Contents Consists of 89 handwritten letters and postcards, and 1 telegram to John E. Dobbin, Brion Gysin, and Sir Francis and Frederica Rose. Also included is one typed letter (as secretary to Gertrude Stein) to John Hinsdale Thompson.
Dates: 1933 - 1961
Clippings and photocopies from newspapers and periodicals, typed copies, etc. by and about Gertrude Stein, 1896-1951
Identifier: PS3537.T323 S74 1950z
Content Description v.1, Sept. 1896-Feb. 1937.--v.2, Apr. 1937-Jan. 1951 (4 p. & card (?) missing)
Dates: 1896 - 1951
Scope and Contents Artificially assembled collection consists of 70 annotated snapshots of Gertrude Stein and her friends, Georges Hugnet (poet) and Eugene Berman, taken between 1925-1929, at her summer home in Bilignin near Belley, France. Views include: Berman at work on a painting. Most of the snapshots are 2 1/2 by 2 inches, with a few slightly larger. 20 of the snapshots are annotated by Stein on the versos. Gertrude Stein appears in 31 of these casual snapshots. Others show views of the Stein...
Dates: 1925 - 1958
Content Description Ceramic drinking mug, manufactured by Fitz and Floyd, designed in the form of Gertrude Stein's face with a miniature figure of Alice B. Toklas seated on the mug handle.
Dates: 1900 - 2000
Scope and Contents An artificial collection that consists of single and/or small groups of letters, small groups of related literary materials, individual or small groups of manuscripts such as poems and similar individual pieces which were deemed at one time to be of sufficient bulk to be placed into separate collections. These materials were acquired independently of larger collections. The period covered is primarily the first half or so of the twentieth century, but there are selected items dating well into...
Dates: 1862 - 1989; Majority of material found within 1925 - 1970
Scope and Contents The collection consists of the correspondence between Natalie Clifford Barney and Romaine Brooks (Goddard), beginning in 1920 and continuing until 1969. There are a total of 633 letters, most of which are at least two pages in length and accompanied by the original mailing envelopes. There are 271 letters from Brooks to Barney, and 362 from Barney to Brooks. Brooks and Barney spent the war years together in Florence, Italy, thus accounting for the gap in the correspondence at that time. The...
Dates: 1920 - 1969
- Authors, American -- 20th century 3
- Authors, American -- Correspondence 2
- Authors, American -- France -- Paris -- 20th century 2
- Authors, American -- Correspondence -- 20th century 1
- Authors, English -- 20th century 1
- Authors, English -- 20th century -- Correspondence 1
- Authors, English -- Correspondence 1
- Egypt -- Description and travel 1
- France -- Intellectual life. 1
- Indians of North America -- Colorado 1
- Modernism (Literature) -- France -- Paris 1
- Paris (France) -- In literature. 1
- Paris (France) -- Intellectual life -- 20th century. 1
- Paris (France) -- Intellectual life. 1
- Photography, Artistic. 1
- Photojournalism -- United States 1
- Publishers and publishing. 1
- Salons -- France. 1
- Spain -- History -- Civil War, 1936-1939. 1
- Special Collections -- Correspondence -- Barney, Natalie Clifford. 1
- Special Collections -- Correspondence -- Brooks, Romaine. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Ford, Hugh. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Toklas, Alice B. 1
- Special Collections -- Photographs -- Stein, Gertrude. 1
- Syria -- Description and travel 1 ∧ less