Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Scope and Contents Contains office copies of books published by Secker into which a variety of materials were laid in, tipped in, or pasted in to many of them. These materials include handwritten and typed cards, letters and royalty receipts; Richards Press and Martin Secker publication announcements; press cuttings of book reviews and articles; photographs and clipped photographic illustrations; handwritten poems and essays; and fragments of dust jackets and dust jacket blurbs.Items which could be...
Dates: 1908 - 1977; Majority of material found within 1910 - 1941
Merlin Holland collection of Peter Forster's De Profundis color woodblock prints, approximately 1991-2011
Scope and Contents Peter Forster's color prints and masks of the image "Awful Brevity" used in the 1991 Folio Society edition of Oscar Wilde's De Profundis. The prints serve as an illustrative example of the printmaking process.
Dates: 1991 - 2011
Scope and Contents This collection contains the research and personal files of biographer and literary scholar, Richard Ellman (1918-1987), reflecting his long interest in biography, Irish authors James Joyce, W. B. Yeats, Oscar Wilde, and Samuel Beckett as well as French authors Andre Gide and Henri Michaux. The papers consist of a wide variety of research and personal materials (correspondence, offprint and photocopied articles, photographs, and sound recordings) for his classes, lectures, and...
Dates: 1875 - 1990
Scope and Contents The library of Sir Rupert Hart-Davis, publisher, editor, author and man of letters, contains over 18,000 volumes, many with letters and other correspondence tucked in. A man who enjoyed extraordinary position within the publishing profession, Hart-Davis was the literary executor for such authors as Edmund Blunden, Sir Max Beerbohm, Sir Hugh Walpole, and the poet, Siegfried Sassoon, all who entrusted to him what they cared about most. As an editor, Hart-Davis produced volumes of the letters of...
- Authors and publishers. 2
- Biography as a literary form 2
- Art and literature 1
- Art in literature 1
- Artists -- Great Britain 1
- Authors, English -- 20th century -- Correspondence 1
- Biography -- 20th century 1
- Literature. 1
- Publishers and publishing. 1
- Special Collections -- Artwork. 1
- Special Collections -- Correspondence -- Ellmann, Richard. 1
- Special Collections -- Correspondence -- Hart-Davis, Rupert. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Ellmann, Richard. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Hart-Davis, Rupert. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Secker, Martin. 1
- Wood-engraving, British -- 20th century 1 ∧ less