Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 11
Scope and Contents A WWI sailor log of Alfred George Lawson on the U. S. S. Paulding from 1917-1919, which describes Lawon's experiences on the U. S. destroyer and his daily activities. The U. S. S. Paulding's primary duty was to escort convoys and protect them from German u-boat attacks. Most of the entries are very brief, merely talking about the weather and whether they were in port or at sea. However, others are much more detailed, particularly in the cases where the U. S. S. Paulding sank a submarine or...
Dates: 1917 - 1919
Scope and Contents Contains "Denkschrift ueber die funkueberwachung ihre auswertung", by Andreas Figl. The second section is coded Austro-Hungarian correspondence between the Austro-Hungarian Foreign minister and his ambassadors to Germany, United Kingdom, and Russia, as well as "Otto". The third section includes coded and clear correspondence from a "Dr. Eiswalt"; The German Chancellor; the German foreign minister; a minister in Belgrade; the German ambassador to London; "Quadt", "Waldburg", "Wedel", Ambassador...
Dates: 1914 - 1951
Content Description Miscellaneous collection of World War I letters, some service record materials, and personal papers.
Dates: 1917 - 1941
Scope and Contents Diary of Lt. Thomas H. Travilla, Dentist, 310th Infantry, 78th Division, American Expeditionary Forces. Includes nearly 27 photographs, a leave of absence pass, and a map of Camp Dix.
Dates: 1918 - 1919
Scope and Contents Three volume handwritten diary. Vol I [address book]: Thursday, May 2, 1918 - Monday, May 13, 1918. 24 pages of mss entries, 24 lines per page, ~ 2000 words. Vol II: July 11, 1918 - September 7, 1918. 54 pp of mss entries, 24 lines per page, ~ 6000 words. 2 typed sheets with entries: "War Warnings, September 2nd, 1918" and "Extract taken from ship's log July 25, 1918.” Tipped in newspaper extract, "German Taken By Amexes Shoots Sniping Comrades." Laid-in a typed page, apparently from the...
Dates: 1918-05 - 1918-11
Scope and Contents Approximately 300 letters and postcards from Hans von Steffins, a military aristocrat (7th Reserve Corps), to his wife Baronin Leoni Steffins. Included are a handful of letters and postcards from von Steffins to Countess Nini Pocci and to unidentified recipients.
Dates: 1914 - 1918
Scope and Contents Collection of materials belonging to 1st Lieut. Jean Carlisle Barnes of the U.S. 303 Field Signal Battalion, WWI. Items include his Soldier's Diary and Record Book, photographs, military documents and certificates. Found with these materials are war ration books and other miscellaneous items from the WWII era.
Dates: 1913 - 1943
Scope and Contents Diaries of John Archibald Campbell Colston, a John Hopkins urologist who served with the AEF during WWI. Documenting Colston's participation as one of the medical staff working for the AEF, tracing his activities from his departure on September 15, 1914 through Tuesday, February 23 the following year. A valuable first-hand look at the Great War, from the prospective of a doctor who served.
Dates: 1914 - 1915
Scope and Contents German lieutenant of the 5th Reserve Division Hans Schilling. 118 page manuscript diary (1918), 6 field post cards, a manuscript notebook, 2 newspapers from the Front, 9 handwritten forms (possibly instructions/locations for shelling or bombardment), and 2 mimeograph typed military documents.
Content Description This collection of papers includes letters, notes, post cards, and newspaper clippings to and from Paul M. Hollister, a Michigan journalist, regarding service during WWI, with additional material that is not war related.
Dates: 1915 - 1927
- Tavistock Books 3
- Byrnes, Ben 2
- Charles Apfelbaum Rare Manuscripts and Archives 2
- United States. Army. American Expeditionary Forces 2
- Austro-Hungarian Monarchy. K.u.K. Kriegsministerium 1
- Barnes, Jean Carlisle, 1892- 1
- Berchtold, Leopold, Graf von, 1863-1942 1
- Colston, John Archibald Campbell, Dr. , 1886-1971 1
- Figl, Andreas, 1873-1967 1
- Germany. Heer. Reservekorps, XII 1
- Great Britain. Army 1
- Great Britain. Army -- Ordinance and ordnance stores. 1
- Great Britain. Army -- Ordnance facilities 1
- Great Britain. Ministry of Munitions 1
- Hamilton, Peggy, Lady, 1895- 1
- Hollister, Paul Merrick, 1890-1970 1
- Lawson, Alfred George 1
- Lichnowsky, Karl Max, Prince, 1860-1928 1
- Martin, J. D. 1
- Powers Rare Books 1
- Schilling, Hans 1
- Stars and Stripes (Newspaper) 1
- Szapary von Muraszombat, Szechysziget, und Szapar, Friedrich, Graf, 1869-1935 1
- Szecsen von Temerin, Nikolaus, Graf, 1857-1926 1
- Szogyeny-Marich, Laszlo, Count, 1841-1916 1
- Tavistock Escrow Account 1
- Travilla, Thomas Hastings, 1890-1975 1
- U. S. S. Merauke (Ship) 1
- USS Paulding (Destroyer : DD-22) 1
- United States. Army 1
- United States. Army. Field Hospital, 310th 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Division, 78th 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 312th 1
- United States. Army. Sanitary Train, 303rd 1
- United States. Navy 1
- Van Wart, Edward Thomas, 1893-1964 1
- Von Griesinger, J. A., Julius Adolph, 1863-1939 1
- Von Mensdorff-Pouilly-Dietrichstein, Albert, 1861-1945 1
- Waite, John H., 1917-1996 1
- William Reese Co 1
- de Merey, M. 1
- von Bethmann-Hollweg, Theobald, 1856-1921 1
- von Flotow, Ludwig, 1867-1948 1
- von Jagow, Gottlieb, 1863-1935 1
- von Steffans, Hans 1
- von Tschirschky, Heinrich, 1858-1916 1
- von Wangenheim, Hans Freiherr, 1859-1915 1 ∧ less