Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Collection — Folder: 1
Scope and Contents 111 color photographs recording Ponca people and events.
Dates: 1964 - 1965
Scope and Contents Sound recordings of Ponca and other Native American songs collected by Tony Isaacs and Jim Steiner while making a documentary film about the Poncas. Includes recordings of peyote and other religious ceremonies. All of the recordings are on seven-inch tape reels, recorded monaural at 7 1/2 inches per second, on one or both sides. Nine of the reels record a June 1965 Grey Horse ceremony; six reels are of a Pawhuska meeting later the same month; six reels record Memorial Day dances in May of...
Dates: 1961 - 1965
- Indians of North America -- Oklahoma -- Music 1
- Indians of North America -- Photographs. 1
- Ponca Indians -- Music. 1
- Ponca Indians -- Photographs. 1
- Ponca Indians. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Tony Isaacs - Jim Steiner collection. 1
- Special Collections -- Photographs -- Steiner, Jim. 1 ∧ less
- English 1
- Multiple languages 1
- Isaacs, Tony 1