Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Contents The Constance Holme papers consist of a series of 151 letters to the English book collector R.N. Green-Armytage, in which Holme comments on her writings and on the works of others, World War II, and her daily life. Included with the correspondence are typescripts of a short story and several poems, Christmas cards, and press cuttings.
Dates: 1932 - 1954
Scope and Contents The novels, the first and largest section, are arranged in chronological order by date of publication and include manuscripts, some typescripts, and, in three cases, corrected proof copies. The manuscript versions are, for the most part, the clean copies from which Mrs. Taylor's typist worked and, therefore, reflect the finished product more than the work in progress, though they do contain some additions, deletions, and emendations. In those instances where a manuscript is actually a working...
Dates: 1946 - 1973
Scope and Contents Olivia Manning papers consist of correspondence (handwritten and typed letters and cards from Olivia Manning to Kay Dick (aka Edward Lane) and Kathleen Farrell and one black and white photograph featuring Olivia Manning and Kay Dick at a Heinemann’s garden party, circa 1940s and writinigs (drafts, galley proofs, excised material, and book jacket blurbs).
Dates: 1944 - 1979
- Authors, English -- 20th century 2
- Novelists, English -- 20th century. 2
- Book reviewing. 1
- Children's literature, English. 1
- English drama -- Women authors. 1
- Radio scripts. 1
- Special Collections -- Correspondence -- Holme, Constance. 1
- Special Collections -- Correspondence -- Manning, Olivia. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Manning, Olivia. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Taylor, Elizabeth Coles. 1
- Women authors, English -- 20th century -- Biography 1 ∧ less
- David J. Holmes Autographs 2
- Bertram Rota, Ltd 1
- Dick, Kay, 1915-2001 1
- Farrell, Kathleen, 1912-1999 1
- Green-Armytage, R. N. 1