Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Scope and Contents Photographic record of the men and their activities at the Air Service Mechanics School, Kelly Field, San Antonio, Texas, 1917-1919 in 2 photo ablums plus loose photos and press cutting regarding Williamette National Cemetery. Most photo pages were annotated in white pencil by the owner.
Dates: 1917 - 1957
Scope and Contents Henry Augustus Batchelor III, American from Saginaw, Michigan. Served briefly with the Lafayette Flying Corps in France from August 1917-March 1918. Was then transferred to the United States Air Service, serving as Chief Pilot and instructor at Moutchic-Lacanau from March 1918 to Armistice. He also served in the American Amublance Corps in France and, immediately after the war, in the service of the American Red Cross in the Balkans. Included in Batchelor's archive is correspondence to his...
Dates: 1914 - 1970
Scope and Contents 9 B/W WWI-era photographic aerial views and ground views of the Gujan air station, compound, hangars, and YMCA club, located in France.
Scope and Contents War book: 23 leaves of blank paper with photographs and other scrapbook type material glued on, usually to leaf recto only. Illustrated with 44 B/W photographs, 4 half-ton images of airplanes, one photostat of an incendiary bomb fact sheet and one newspaper excerpt of "Christmas and War" by the Univ. of IL Dean of Men. Photo album/scrapbook consisting of 44 B/W photos, 4 half-tone images, press cutting, and one photostat; housed in a 2-ring binder; all regarding the US School of...
Dates: 1917 - 1918
Content Description Photograph album of 1st Lt. William V. Lovell Photograph Album, 22nd Aero Squad. Includes pay documents and some military records.
Dates: 1918 - 1919
Scope and Contents A broad range of subject matter depicted in 238 snapshots. Subjects include ground-based weaponry (French, German), observation balloons and Zeppelins (American, German); aeroplanes (German, American); naval vessels and ferries; ruins (France, Belgium, Germany); soldiers. Also among the collection are approximately 81 snapshots from a later period, circa 1935, of barracks, airplanes, airports, etc.
Dates: 1918 - 1935; Majority of material found within 1918 - 1919
- World War I Collection 5
- World War, 1914-1918 -- United States. 3
- World War, 1914-1918. 3
- World War, 1914-1918 -- France 2
- Air Pilots, Military -- France -- Biography 1
- Air Pilots, Military -- United States -- Biography 1
- Kelly Field (Tex.) -- Photographs 1
- Special Collections -- Photographs -- World War, 1914-1918. 1
- Special Collections -- Scrapbooks -- World War I. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Aerial operations, French 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Aerial operations, German 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Correspondence. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Diaries 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Germany 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Naval Operations, British 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Naval Operations, United States 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Romania 1 ∧ less
- English 4
- Multiple languages 1
- Undetermined 1
- Tavistock Books 3
- Powers Rare Books 2
- Babbitt, Leman L., 1892-1965 1
- Batchelor, Henry Augustus, III, 1895-1971 1
- France. Armée. Escadrille 103 1
- France. Armée. Groupe de Combat 12 1
- Lovell, William Vail, 1893-1976 1
- PBA Galleries 1
- Tolford, Hugh C. 1
- United States. Air Force 1
- United States. Army. Aero Replacement Squadron, 1101st 1
- United States. Army. Aero Squadron, 22nd 1
- United States. Army. Air Service. Lafayette Flying Corps 1
- United States. Army. Air Service. Mechanics School 1
- United States. Army. U.S. School of Military Aeronautics 1
- United States. Navy. Naval Reserve Flying Corps 1
- YMCA of the U.S.A. 1 ∧ less