Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Scope and Contents A unique scrapbook from a lieutenant colonel in the German army. Probably bound after the war (as all pages seem to exhibit the same extent of wear), Rothenheim compiled an extraordinary number of photographs, newspaper clippings, field post cards, train tickets and military maps detailing troop movements throughout the approximate five years he was enlisted. Stationed in and around Lille in northern France (near the Belgium border), Rothenheim photographed military life; his comrades in gas...
Dates: 1914 - 1919
Scope and Contents First acquisition: 86 photo-postcard and photo archive of Erich Pattky, a German telephonist during WWI. Postcard messages are from Pattky to his parents in Berlin, Germany. Postcard images depict various soldiers' activities, accommodations and equipment. According to the bookseller, Pattky was probably stationed in France. Included are Christmas celebration cards. Many cards have been trimmed, possibly to accommodate the size of the wartime envelopes. Second acquisition: ...
Dates: 1914 - 1940
Scope and Contents The Kriegs Erinnerungen (War Memories) photographs. A historical WWI German photographic album kept by an unidentified member of the 64th feld Flieger Abteilung (Field Aviation Unit). Book contains 324 photos on 80 pages covering the period of 1915-16. The album details the aviation group's journey to the front, features aeorodromes, personnel, equipment. 53 photos feature aircraft including a series of the rare Pfalz E1 of which only 60 were built. The Feld Flieger Abteilung 64 was...
Dates: 1915 - 1916
Scope and Contents 124 page personal journal kept by Theo Freudenbergs in the years 1914, 1915, and 1916, while in the German Army. A studio portrait of Freudenbergs, pictured in uniform with medals, is pasted onto verso of front cover. Text in German.
Dates: 1914 - 1916
Scope and Contents A broad range of subject matter depicted in 238 snapshots. Subjects include ground-based weaponry (French, German), observation balloons and Zeppelins (American, German); aeroplanes (German, American); naval vessels and ferries; ruins (France, Belgium, Germany); soldiers. Also among the collection are approximately 81 snapshots from a later period, circa 1935, of barracks, airplanes, airports, etc.
Dates: 1918 - 1935; Majority of material found within 1918 - 1919
- World War I Collection 4
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Photographs. 4
- World War, 1914-1918. 3
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Diaries 2
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Manuscripts 2
- Aeronautics, Military -- Germany -- History 1
- Air power -- Germany -- History 1
- Special Collections -- Photographs -- Kriegs Erinnerungen. 1
- United States -- Emigration and immigration. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Aerial operations, American 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Aerial operations, German 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Campaigns -- France 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Correspondence. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- France 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Naval Operations, British 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Naval Operations, United States 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives, German. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- United States. 1 ∧ less
- German 4
- English 1
- Germany 2
- Ewolfs Auction Gallery 1
- Freudenberg, Theo 1
- Germany. Luftstreitkräfte. Feld Fliger Abtailung, 64th 1
- Old Book Shop 1