Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Scope and Contents Series of 159 black and white photos, most with captions, printed on card stock, most taken between June 1917 and April 1919. Images include scenes of men as they enlist at the Fairgrounds in Detroit; views of the exterior and interior of the barracks at the Fairground in Detroit; scenes of the men enroute to Europe; scenes of thei engineers' work and activites while in France; and scenes of their return trip to the States.
Dates: 1914 - 1919
Scope and Contents A broad range of subject matter depicted in 238 snapshots. Subjects include ground-based weaponry (French, German), observation balloons and Zeppelins (American, German); aeroplanes (German, American); naval vessels and ferries; ruins (France, Belgium, Germany); soldiers. Also among the collection are approximately 81 snapshots from a later period, circa 1935, of barracks, airplanes, airports, etc.
Dates: 1918 - 1935; Majority of material found within 1918 - 1919
- Special Collections -- Photographs -- 16th Engineers, U.S. Army 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Aerial operations, American 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Aerial operations, German 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Germany 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Naval Operations, British 1
- United States. Army. Engineer Regiment, 16th 1