Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Scope and Contents Photographic record of the men and their activities at the Air Service Mechanics School, Kelly Field, San Antonio, Texas, 1917-1919 in 2 photo ablums plus loose photos and press cutting regarding Williamette National Cemetery. Most photo pages were annotated in white pencil by the owner.
Dates: 1917 - 1957
Scope and Contents 2 "Ideal Scrapbooks" containing clippings of the war. Hand numbered pagination. Each volume indexed by compiler, which precedes each book's major section. Each volume concludes with key listing newspaper clipping sources. Some clippings laid-in to rear of Book 2. Leaflet of the President's April 2, 1917 War Message is folded and stored in tipped-in envelope in read of Book 1. The majority of clippings are from Chicago, Louisville, or Lexington papers.
Dates: 1917 - 1918
Scope and Contents American artillery field notebook, alphabetically tabbed, with typed and handwritten notes by various hands; photographic portrait of Major Harvey D. Higley; press clipping.
Dates: circa 1909-1920
Scope and Contents Memorial Day Program, May 30th, 1918; Honor Roll and Service Flag Chart of the Village of Sag Harbor, Long Island, NY, bearing the name of Helen T. Slate handwritten at top; a small flag with 2.5 inch red border surrounding a cream-colored rectangle with a blue star at its center; and a miniature French flag.
Scope and Contents Collection of materials belonging to 1st Lieut. Jean Carlisle Barnes of the U.S. 303 Field Signal Battalion, WWI. Items include his Soldier's Diary and Record Book, photographs, military documents and certificates. Found with these materials are war ration books and other miscellaneous items from the WWII era.
Dates: 1913 - 1943
Scope and Contents Photo album containing (1) 4 3/4 x 8" sepia print and (147) 8 x 10" b/w photographs documenting the building and production of 75mm and 155mm artillery guns and amunition at the New York Air Brake factory located in Watertown, New York, circa 1917-1918.
Dates: 1917 - 1918
Scope and Contents World War I era papers and artefacts belonging to American soldier, Walter Jager including foot locker, trunk, mess kit, gas mask, etc.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1917 - 1919
Scope and Contents War book: 23 leaves of blank paper with photographs and other scrapbook type material glued on, usually to leaf recto only. Illustrated with 44 B/W photographs, 4 half-ton images of airplanes, one photostat of an incendiary bomb fact sheet and one newspaper excerpt of "Christmas and War" by the Univ. of IL Dean of Men. Photo album/scrapbook consisting of 44 B/W photos, 4 half-tone images, press cutting, and one photostat; housed in a 2-ring binder; all regarding the US School of...
Dates: 1917 - 1918
- World War I Collection 6
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Photographs. 6
- World War, 1914-1918. 3
- Special Collections -- Scrapbooks -- World War I. 2
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Aerial operations, American 2
- Antiaircraft artillery -- United States -- History 1
- Kelly Field (Tex.) -- Photographs 1
- Munition workers -- United States 1
- Special Collections -- Ephemera -- Slate Helen T. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Higley, Harvey D. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Jager, Walter. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Keller, David Henry Esten. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- World War, 1914-1918. 1
- Weapons industry -- Employees 1
- Weapons industry -- History 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Diaries 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Economic aspects 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- France 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Periodicals 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives 1
- World War, 1939-1945. 1 ∧ less
- Barnes, Jean Carlisle, 1892- 1
- Higley, Harvey D., 1882-1962 1
- Jager, Walter Raymond, 1892-1983 1
- Keller, David Henry Esten 1
- New York Air Brake Corporation 1