Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Scope and Contents Consists of the correspondence, writings, personal ephemera, and photographs of 1st Lieutenant John Carlisle Johnson of the 167th Infantry, 42nd (Rainbow) Division, American Expeditionary Forces.The correspondence is comprised of 60 autograph and typescript letters from Johnson to his wife Beula Addison Johnson, his mother and father, and a friend, Cliff Jones. Johnson's letters (dating from 1917-1919)--written from officer's training camp, from New York prior to his being shipped...
Dates: 1913 - 1919
Scope and Contents Artificial collection of WWI-era ephemera including American Ambulance Field Service in France letterhead; "Armenia" poster corners; cover of "The Daily Sketch Penny Book of War Maps"; R.A.F. Cadet Wing mid term exam; "A Message From the Skies" by Major General John A. Lejeune; souvenir postcards of Camp Doniphan (Fort Sill, OK); series of postcards of Camp de La Valbonne; "Questions a Platoon Commander Should Ask Himself Before an Attack"; "Guide to Nantes for the American Expeditionary...
Dates: 1914 - 1977
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Johnson, John Carlisle. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Correspondence. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Manuscripts 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Oklahoma 1
- English 1
- Multiple languages 1
- Johnson, Beula Addison 1
- Johnson, John Carlisle, 1895-1981 1
- Jones, Cliff 1
- United States. Army. Ambulance Company, 167th 1
- United States. Army. Division, 2nd 1