Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Contents Photographic record of the men and their activities at the Air Service Mechanics School, Kelly Field, San Antonio, Texas, 1917-1919 in 2 photo ablums plus loose photos and press cutting regarding Williamette National Cemetery. Most photo pages were annotated in white pencil by the owner.
Dates: 1917 - 1957
Scope and Contents War book: 23 leaves of blank paper with photographs and other scrapbook type material glued on, usually to leaf recto only. Illustrated with 44 B/W photographs, 4 half-ton images of airplanes, one photostat of an incendiary bomb fact sheet and one newspaper excerpt of "Christmas and War" by the Univ. of IL Dean of Men. Photo album/scrapbook consisting of 44 B/W photos, 4 half-tone images, press cutting, and one photostat; housed in a 2-ring binder; all regarding the US School of...
Dates: 1917 - 1918
Scope and Contents A broad range of subject matter depicted in 238 snapshots. Subjects include ground-based weaponry (French, German), observation balloons and Zeppelins (American, German); aeroplanes (German, American); naval vessels and ferries; ruins (France, Belgium, Germany); soldiers. Also among the collection are approximately 81 snapshots from a later period, circa 1935, of barracks, airplanes, airports, etc.
Dates: 1918 - 1935; Majority of material found within 1918 - 1919
- World War I Collection 2
- Kelly Field (Tex.) -- Photographs 1
- Special Collections -- Scrapbooks -- World War I. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Aerial operations, German 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- France 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Germany 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Naval Operations, British 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Naval Operations, United States 1
- World War, 1914-1918. 1 ∧ less
- Tavistock Books 2
- Powers Rare Books 1
- United States. Army. Air Service. Mechanics School 1
- United States. Army. U.S. School of Military Aeronautics 1