Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Scope and Contents Contains many of the letters of Charles G. Clement home during the first part of his time in the army. Also contains materials noting his mother's search to discover where he was buried and the 1930 Pilgrimage of War Mothers and Widows to visit his grave. There are also some letters to her younger son, Dennis.
Dates: 1913 - 1962; Majority of material found within 1916 - 1919
Scope and Contents This collection contains twelve letters written by Rumsey Bissell Marston just prior to and during his deployment to France and Great Britain during WWI to his father, mother, brother and sisters. Additional items in the collection are: his military service record, a photograph, a drawing, and the envelopes in which the letters were sent.
Dates: 1918 - 1919
Scope and Contents Small journal, kept in a German pocket notebook, with handwritten entries by George W. Saldo while en route to and in France during the final months of the war; entries continue for several months following the Armistice. George W. Sadlo served as Musician 1st Class in the HQ Band GHQ (Chaumont, France), the 133rd Infantry Band, and the the 4th Infantry Band. Other items laid in includ 2 b/w snapshots of military bands on the march; postcard from Amra McDowell addressed to Geo. Sadlo...
Dates: 1918 - 1921
Scope and Contents American artillery field notebook, alphabetically tabbed, with typed and handwritten notes by various hands; photographic portrait of Major Harvey D. Higley; press clipping.
Dates: circa 1909-1920
Scope and Contents Pocket diary of Captain Leo McCusker (US Army, HQ Troop, 4th Div) dating from May 6 through September 26,1918. The diary begins with McCusker's boarding ship for England. It continues with excellent detailed descriptive accounts of battles (including September 25th battle on Hill 304), German bombing and shelling raids, the elaborate German dugouts, dead and wounded on the battlefields, prisoners of war, etc at and near the Front in France. It also includes his experiences in various French...
- World War, 1914-1918 -- France 3
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives -- United States. 3
- World War, 1914-1918. 3
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Campaigns -- France 2
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Correspondence. 2
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Diaries 2
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Manuscripts 2
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives 2
- Antiaircraft artillery -- United States -- History 1
- Armed Forces 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Clement, Charles G. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Higley, Harvey D. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Sadlo, George W. 1
- St. Mihiel (France), Battle of, 1918. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Photographs. 1 ∧ less
- English 4
- Multiple languages 1
- Byrnes, Ben 2
- Tavistock Books 2
- Charles Apfelbaum Rare Manuscripts and Archives 1
- Clement, Charles Gaston 1
- Higley, Harvey D., 1882-1962 1