Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Scope and Contents The collection consists of correspondence between Richardson and Eliot Bliss, Peggy Kirkcaldy, Rose Odle and John Hinsdale Thompson, John Cowper-Powys, Phyllis Cowper-Powys to Rose Odle, H. G. Wells and Miriam Grossman to Leon Edel. The correspondence dates from 1928 to 1952. Also included in the collection are typescript and carbon copy typescript transcriptions of articles by Richardson, reminiscences of Richardson by Elizabeth Odle Turner and Pauline Marrian, and a checklist and annotated...
Dates: 1909 - 1959
Scope and Contents The Eliot Bliss diaries, housed in five legal-sized document boxes, consist of 19 volumes of daily diaries dating from January 1959 to December 1960, and January 1963 to August 1980. Additional notes, correspondence, poems, photographs, and sales receipts are laid into many of the diaries, all of which have been noted in the inventory. Please refer to "Notes on my Diaries", written by Bliss.
Dates: 1959 - 1980
Scope and Contents Manuscripts relating to colonial writer and author of Wide Sargasso Sea: drafts of stories, letters to, from and about her; sound recordings; reviews of her books; interviews with and articles about her.Jean Rhys (1890-1979) had two intensely creative periods in her career as novelist and story writer; the first from about 1920 to 1935 and the second from about 1950 until her death in 1979. Apart from her published work, few records of the earlier period are known to survive. This...
Dates: 1920 - 1991; Majority of material found within 1949 - 1979
Scope and Contents Includes proofs and published copies of Bliss's own works, other books from her personal library, correspondence, a manuscript from her mother on a 1907 earthquake, photographs, and ephemera, much of which was used as page markers in her books.
Dates: 1907 - 1994
- Names: Bliss, Eliot, 1903-1990 X
- Novelists, English -- 20th century. 3
- Authors, English -- 20th century -- Correspondence. 2
- Poetry, Modern -- 20th century. 2
- Authors, English -- 20th century. 1
- Novelists, English -- 20th century -- Biography. 1
- Poets, British -- 20th century. 1
- Poets, English -- Correspondence. 1
- Special Collections -- Diaries -- Bliss, Eliot. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Bliss, Eliot. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Rhys, Jean. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Richardson, Dorothy. 1
- Special Collections -- Photographs -- Bliss, Eliot. 1
- West Indies, British. 1
- Women and journalism -- Great Britain. 1
- Women and literature -- Great Britain. 1
- Women journalists -- Great Britain. 1 ∧ less