Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Scope and Contents Filmed interviews and photographs collected by filmmaker Tom Thurman for the preparation of the documentary Ben Johnson; Third Cowboy on the Right. Includes material on the Johnson family, the Chapman-Barnard Ranch, and interviews on Ben Johnson's film career with James Coburn, Peter Bogdanovich, Harry Carey, Jr., Charlton Heston, John Milius, Lawrence Tierney, Lee Purcell, Bo Hopkins, Sheila Benson, LQ Jones, Joe McBride, Timothy Bottoms, Polly Platt, Robert Golden Armstrong, and Harry Dean...
Dates: 1908 - 1994; Majority of material found within 1992 - 1994
Content Description Chapman Barnard Ranch records, and copies on litigation regarding Chapman/McFarlin/Barnard entities.
Scope and Contents On March 23, 1991, James P. Ronda, Professor of History at the University of Tulsa, interviewed a number of individuals connected with the Chapman-Barnard Ranch near Pawhuska, Oklahoma, during the First Annual Cowboy Reunion at the Ranch. The interviews were videotaped onto 2 tapes and later transcribed. Those interviewed were Dallas Poteet; Trig Meeks; Dink Talley; "Puny" Martin; Marvin Griffin; Oscar Wright; Andy Martin; June Finn; Lenora Meeks; Mildred Pearson Brown; "Raisins" Rhoads;...
Scope and Contents Collection consists of one small, ruled tally book and four legal-sized ledger books for the Clyde Lowery ranch near Cedar Vale, Kansas, containing handwritten notes and entries pertaining to ranch operating expenses. The tally book and ledgers date from 1940 to 1984. Although the ledgers appear to pertain solely to Lowery's ranch in Kansas, some entries record transactions between the Lowery ranch and the adjacent Chapman-Barnard Ranch (located in Osage County, Oklahoma).
Dates: 1940 - 1984
Scope and Contents Collection of family photographs, memorabilia, and two scrapbooks of newspaper clippings from daughter of Robert W. and Ida McFarlin and wife of James A. Chapman. One scrapbook records the philanthropy of Robert McFarlin; the other deals solely with the death of Ida (Mrs. Robert W.) McFarlin.
Dates: 1918 - 1967
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents 17 Videotapes contained within two collection boxes. Tapes cover different subject areas. Of special interest are two videotapes(2.4 & 2.5) that feature University of Tulsa Past President Ben Henneke speaking in the "Going to College Pt. 1 and Going to College, Pt. 2" series. Also of possible interest is tape 2.6 that features interviews with Wilma Mankiller and Mark Trahant.
Dates: 1982 - 1994
- Names: Chapman-Barnard Ranch X
- Oklahoma -- History. 3
- Ranch life -- Oklahoma. 2
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Chapman-Barnard Ranch. 2
- Businessmen -- Oklahoma -- Biography. 1
- Cowboys -- Oklahoma -- History. 1
- Cowboys. 1
- Documentary photography -- Oklahoma. 1
- Film stills -- 1940-1970 1
- Motion pictures actors and actresses -- Oklahoma. 1
- Oral history -- Archival resources. 1
- Philanthropists -- Biography -- Oklahoma. 1
- Photographs -- Oklahoma. 1
- Ranch life -- Kansas -- History. 1
- Ranch life. 1
- Ranchers -- Kansas -- History. 1
- Ranchers -- Oklahoma -- Interviews. 1
- Ranches -- Kansas. 1
- Ranches -- Oklahoma. 1
- Rodeos. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Chapman, Leta. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Lowery, Clyde. 1
- Special Collections -- Photographs -- Johnson, Ben. 1
- Western films 1 ∧ less