Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Scope and Contents The Constance Holme papers consist of a series of 151 letters to the English book collector R.N. Green-Armytage, in which Holme comments on her writings and on the works of others, World War II, and her daily life. Included with the correspondence are typescripts of a short story and several poems, Christmas cards, and press cuttings.
Dates: 1932 - 1954
Scope and Contents The novels, the first and largest section, are arranged in chronological order by date of publication and include manuscripts, some typescripts, and, in three cases, corrected proof copies. The manuscript versions are, for the most part, the clean copies from which Mrs. Taylor's typist worked and, therefore, reflect the finished product more than the work in progress, though they do contain some additions, deletions, and emendations. In those instances where a manuscript is actually a working...
Dates: 1946 - 1973
Scope and Contents The Enid Bagnold correspondence contains 83 handwriten and typed letters and postcards from Enid Bagnold (Lady Jones) to Cynthia Asquith (Lady Diane) and date from 1928 to 1953.
Dates: 1928 - 1954
Scope and Contents This collection consists of 251 letters from Heyer to her literary agent L. P. Moore and his assistant Norah Perriam at Christy & Moore, Ltd. concerning the publication of her books.
Dates: 1923 - 1938
Scope and Contents Consists of 210 handwritten or typed letters, postcards, and greeting cards, from Rose Macaulay to: Daniel George (literary critic and publisher's reader), Nancy Pearn (booking agent for Curtis Brown Ltd), St. John Adcock (editor of The Bookman), and others. Included are 2 carbon copy typed letters from Daniel George to Macaulay; a carbon copy typed draft of 2 poems, author unknown; and carbon copy typed draft in 2 versions of an obituary for Macaulay by Daniel George.
Dates: 1922 - 1956
- Names: David J. Holmes Autographs X
- Authors, English -- 20th century 3
- Women and literature -- Great Britain 2
- Biographers -- Great Britain 1
- Children's literature, English. 1
- Detective and mystery stories, English. 1
- Drama -- 20th century. 1
- English drama -- Women authors. 1
- English fiction -- 20th century. 1
- Novelists, American -- 20th century. 1
- Novelists, English -- 20th century. 1
- Radio scripts. 1
- Romance fiction. 1
- Sex role in literature. 1
- Special Collections -- Correspondence -- Bagnold, Enid. 1
- Special Collections -- Correspondence -- Heyer, Georgette. 1
- Special Collections -- Correspondence -- Holme, Constance. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Taylor, Elizabeth Coles. 1
- The Black Moth. 1
- Theater -- 20th century. 1
- Travelers' writings, English. 1
- Women novelists, English -- 20th century 1 ∧ less