Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Contents Research and publication preparation materials relating to Maddox biographies on Freida Lawrence, Margaret Thatcher, Nora Joyce, Rosalind Franklin, and W.B. Yates. Also includes notebooks for miscellaneous articles and audio cassette interview tapes.
Scope and Contents Organized into 3 series:Series 1: Correspondence consists of the following: D.H. Lawrence: 17 handwritten letters, 3 handwritten postcards, and a typed letter, 1918-1930.Frieda Lawrence: 3 telegrams and 4 handwritten and carbon copy typeed letters to Willard Houghland, Mr. Mercer, Jake Zeitlin and others; a photostatic reproduction of an handwritten letter to "Auntie;" a handwritten letter from Alfred Stieglitz to Frieda Lawrence; and a telegram from Morris L. Ernst to...
Dates: 1913 - 1977
Scope and Contents Grouped into correspondence and writings. The correspondence consists of handwritten and typed letter and postcards between a) John Davenport (Lowry's friend and executor) and publishers, colleagues and friends of Malcolm Lowry; b) between Malcolm Lowry and Carol Brown, his belle of the 1920s; c) between Marjerie Bonner Lowry (Mrs. Malcolm Lowry) and John Davenport; d) one handwritten letter fragment from [John Davenport] to Lowry which includes a 10-line poem about gonorrhea. The writings...
Dates: 1926 - 1966
- Names: Lawrence, Frieda, 1879-1956 X
- American Literature 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century 1
- Authors, American -- Correspondence 1
- Authors, American -- Correspondence -- 20th century 1
- Biographers -- United States -- Biography 1
- Biography -- 20th century 1
- Novelists, English -- 20th century. 1
- Poetry, Modern -- 20th century. 1
- Poets, American -- 20th century. 1
- Poets, British -- 20th century. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Lawrence, D. H. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Lowry, Malcolm. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Maddox, Brenda. 1 ∧ less