Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Scope and Contents Panoramic (wide angle) photographs featuring Boy Scouts at a bicycling meet.
Dates: approximately 1920s
Scope and Contents Fannie Brownlee Misch photograph of Lilah D. Lindsey is a large, oval-framed photograph of an early Tulsa educator. Accompanying note: "This portrait was likely taken soon after 1895 br Dick Hughes, first resident photographer in Tulsa. Lilah L. did retouching for him. This was not included with the Shleppy materials. I aquired it from Louise Whitam early historian."
Scope and Contents The papers are organized into 9 series: Series 1: Autobiographical: consists of handwritten brief accounts of Lilah Lindsey's life and a carbon copy typescript of Lilah Lindsey's interview with Effie S. Jackson.Series 2: Correspondence: consists primarily of letters and postcards to Lilah Lindsey from friends, family, and civic group associates, as well as city, state, and federal government departments and offices. Notable among the correspondents are Anna Eliza Worcester...
Dates: 1866 - 1944
Scope and Contents Consists of postcards collected from a variety of individuals including Lilah Lindsey, John W. Shleppey, and Richard Tenney. The collection is housed in 12 document boxes and is grouped into 7 categories: United States, American Indians, People (identified and unidentified), Transportation (airplanes, trains, automobiles, ships), Art and Artifacts, Greeting Cards and Business Advertisements, Foreign Countries, and oversize material.Postcards for the United States are grouped...
Scope and Contents Consists of 103 photographs (many inscribed to Brazier) featuring early oilmen and businessmen of Tulsa, their spouses, and prominent people from outside the Tulsa area. Collection includes three unidentified group photos, photo-reproductions of racecar designs, a photograph of the first Braniff Airlines airliner, and two reels of 16mm movie film (housed separately) of undetermined subject matter. Newspaper clippings relating to featured individuals accompany some of the photographs.
Dates: 1900 - 1950
- Names: Lindsey, Lilah Denton, 1860-1943 X
- The University of Tulsa, McFarlin Library, Department of Special Collections & University Archives 5
- Helmerich Center for American Research at Gilcrease Museum. 1
- Oklahoma -- History. 3
- Tulsa (Okla.) -- History 2
- Boy Scouts. 1
- Creek Indians. 1
- Cycling -- United States. 1
- General Federation of Women's Clubs. 1
- Indian Territory Woman's Christian Temperance Union. 1
- Indians of North America -- Pictorial works. 1
- Petroleum industry and trade -- Oklahoma -- Biography. 1
- Petroleum industry and trade -- United States -- Biography. 1
- Scouts and scouting -- History. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Brazier, Virgil. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Lindsey, Lilah Denton 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Petroleum. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Postcard collection. 1
- Special Collections -- Photographs -- Misch, Fannie Brownlee. 1
- Special Collections -- Photographs. 1
- Temperance -- Oklahoma -- Societies, etc. 1
- Tulsa (Okla.) -- Photographs 1
- Tulsa (Okla.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Tulsa Indian Club 1
- Tulsa Women's Club. 1
- United States -- Pictorial works. 1
- Women in community organization -- United Stat 1
- Women in culture and society 1
- Women volunteers in social service -- United States 1 ∧ less