Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Contents This artificial collection was begun as a catch-all for small single gifts and purchases, and to make them easier for scholars to search them. This assemblage consists primarily of documents, correspondence, photographs, broadsides and artifacts, dealing mostly with United States history.
Dates: 1747 - 1985
Scope and Contents This collection of papers contains a declaration of citizenship to John W. Swain in the Cherokee Nation (1822), a letter signed by D. W. Bushyhead, Principal Chief of the Cherokees, a letter to Rebecca Swain from Senator Robert Owen, letters regarding family matters, a divorce decree, bills of sale, etc.
Dates: 1869 - 1911
Scope and Contents In a typewritten account, Mrs. John Schoenborn relates some biographical information concerning Narcissa Owen, mother of Robert L. Owen (1856-1947), U.S. Senator from Oklahoma 1907-1925. Brief notes about John and Rebecca Swain are also in this file, but the dates given for Rebecca Swain are obviously in error.'There is a brief letter written by Senator Owen to F. C. Adair encouraging him to "form a good club" (Democratic). A small booklet urging the nomination of Senator Owen for...
- Names: Owen, Robert L. (Robert Latham), 1856-1947 X
- Helmerich Center for American Research at Gilcrease Museum. 2
- The University of Tulsa, McFarlin Library, Department of Special Collections & University Archives 1
- Airlines -- History -- Sources 1
- Indians of North America -- History. 1
- Outlaws -- United States. 1
- Petroleum -- History. 1
- Railroads -- History. 1