Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Contents Consists of editorial, production and publicity files for approximately 2000 books published by this London firm. Includes correspondence with Jean Rhys, Stevie Smith, and V.S. Naipaul, among many others. Also represents a great deal of the work of Deutsch editor Diana Athill who influenced women's writing in Britain.
Dates: 1952 - 1995
Scope and Contents Correspondence relating to the foreign rights for translations of Rhys's works including correspondence between Rhys's executor and her agents; correspondence between her agents and overseas publishers. Also includes miscellaneous correspondence including an inquiry from Richard Adams.
Dates: 1970 - 1971
Scope and Contents The collection is comprised of correspondence between British author David Gascoyne and his friends and colleagues, and manuscript and typescript drafts of his writings. The correspondence has been arranged alphabetically by correspondent, followed by unidentified correspondence and four groups of letters arranged in the categories of "British painter friends," British poet contemporaries, "Literary friends and acquaintances," and "Requests for permission to quote" as organized by Gascoyne. The...
Dates: 1954 - 1985
- Names: R.A. Gekoski, Bookseller and Publisher X
- Authors, English -- 20th century -- Correspondence. 2
- Authors, English -- 20th century. 2
- Authors and publishers. 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century. 1
- Authors, American -- Correspondence -- 20th century. 1
- Authors, English -- 20th century -- Manuscripts. 1
- English language and literature -- 20th century. 1
- Poetry, Modern -- 20th century. 1
- Poets, British -- 20th century. 1
- Publishers and publishing. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscript -- Gascoyne, Davis Emory. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Andre Deutsch Ltd. 1
- Translators. 1 ∧ less