Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Scope and Contents The Amos Todd ephemera consists of a group photo of the members of the Ambulance Company 167, 117th Sanitary Train, 42nd (Rainbow) Division, American Expedition Forces; a framed photographic reproduction of the officers and crew of the US Transport Mount Vernon; and the Roster of the Ambulance Company 167, 117th Sanitary Train, 42nd (Rainbow) Division, American Expeditionary Forces.
Dates: 1917 - 1919
Scope and Contents World War I era memorabilia of Homer Alva Armstrong, Bugler Company E, 117 Engineers, 42nd Rainbow Division. Items include 2 pocket diaries; medals, pins and patches; scrapbook; 4 caps, photographs, German souvenir postcards, currency, and a German metal sign for train passengers; National Guard certificate; "Hisory of the 42nd, the Rainbow Division"; "Official Summarized Chronology of the World War"; a field post letter and 2 postcards.
Dates: 1912 - 1936
Scope and Contents Consists of the personal ephemera and photographs of Private 1st Class Hugo A. "Happy" Gruenberg of Ambulance Company 167, 117th Sanitary Train, 42nd (Rainbow) Division, American Expeditionary Forces.The personal ephemera includes Gruenberg's diary kept during 1917-1918; soldier's pay record book; Gruenberg's dog tags and brass key on a leather thong, as well as one pair of regulation leather leggings; photocopied press cuttings of Gruenberg's obituaries and memorial and funeral...
Dates: 1917 - 1972
Scope and Contents Consists of the correspondence, writings, personal ephemera, and photographs of 1st Lieutenant John Carlisle Johnson of the 167th Infantry, 42nd (Rainbow) Division, American Expeditionary Forces.The correspondence is comprised of 60 autograph and typescript letters from Johnson to his wife Beula Addison Johnson, his mother and father, and a friend, Cliff Jones. Johnson's letters (dating from 1917-1919)--written from officer's training camp, from New York prior to his being shipped...
Dates: 1913 - 1919
Scope and Contents Consists of the correspondence, personal ephemera, and photographs of Captain Josiah Clark Chatfield of the Ambulance Company 167, 117th Sanitary Train, 42nd (Rainbow) Division, American Expeditionary Forces. The correspondence (dating from 1917-1994) is comprised of 4 autograph letters from Chatfield to his father; 1 typescript letter to Lori Curtis, Associate Curator, Department of Special Collections, McFarlin Library; a carbon copy typescript copy of a speech given by General John T....
Dates: 1917 - 1994
Scope and Contents The Paul Havenstrite ephemera consists of the Roster of the Ambulance Co. 167, 42nd (Rainbow) Division, 117th Sanitary Train, American Expedition Forces. VERY FRAGILE: PLEASE REFER TO FACSIMILE.
Dates: 1917 - 1919
Scope and Contents Small collection of items reproduced from the originals of Wagoner Fay M. Ham, of the 167th Tulsa Ambulance Company, 42nd Rainbow Division, US Army. The collection includes: 2 photo-reproductions of photographs of W.Fay M. Ham in uniform; photocopy of travel document following his release as POW; photocopy of a photo of ambulance; photocopy of Ham's pencilled journal titled, "Life of a German Prisoner of War", a recollection written in 1928.
Dates: 1917 - 1928
- Names: United States. Army. Infantry Division, 42nd X
- World War I Collection 5
- World War, 1914-1918. 5
- World War, 1914-1918 -- United States. 4
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Photographs. 3
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Regimental histories -- United States. 3
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Campaigns -- France 2
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Correspondence. 2
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Manuscripts 2
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives -- United States. 2
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Armstrong, Homer Alva. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Gruenberg, Hugo A. "Happy". 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Johnson, John Carlisle. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Artwork 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Campaigns -- Western Front 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Diaries 1 ∧ less
- United States. Army. Ambulance Company, 167th 6
- United States. Army. Sanitary Train, 117th 4
- United States. Army. American Expeditionary Forces 2
- Armstrong, Ed 1
- Armstrong, Homer Alva, 1893-1986 1
- Armstrong, Jeanne 1
- Chatfield, Josiah Clark, 1895-1996 1
- Gruenberg, Charles 1
- Gruenberg, Hugo August "Hap", 1895-1972 1
- Ham, Fay M., 1895-1928 1
- Havenstrite, Margaret 1
- Havenstrite, Paul, 1893-1991 1
- Johnson, Beula Addison 1
- Johnson, John Carlisle, 1895-1981 1
- Jones, Cliff 1
- Todd, Amos Virgil, 1896-1993 1
- Todd, Don (Donald Grimes), 1921-2019 1
- Todd, Robert, 1925-2014 1
- Tooker, Richard M., Dr. 1
- Unknown provenance 1 ∧ less