Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Scope and Contents The Carl Rollyson archive consists of correspondence, research files, taped interviews, photographs, books, memorabilia, etc. for the biographies he has written on Rebecca West, Marilyn Monroe, Lillian Hellman, Martha Gellhorn, Norman Mailer and Susan Sontag. This collection comprises approximately 100 linear feet. This collection is unprocessed.
Scope and Contents Memorial Service for Dame Rebecca West and 2 photographs featuring West.
Dates: 1970 - 1983
Scope and Contents Contains office copies of books published by Secker into which a variety of materials were laid in, tipped in, or pasted in to many of them. These materials include handwritten and typed cards, letters and royalty receipts; Richards Press and Martin Secker publication announcements; press cuttings of book reviews and articles; photographs and clipped photographic illustrations; handwritten poems and essays; and fragments of dust jackets and dust jacket blurbs.Items which could be...
Dates: 1908 - 1977; Majority of material found within 1910 - 1941
Scope and Contents The Norman MacLeod archive of Rebecca West consists primarily of photocopies of manuscripts of some of West's major works and articles; photocopies of correspondence between West and others; correspondence relating to a proposed biography of West; and documents and correspondence regarding West's estate.
Dates: 1918 - 1987
Scope and Contents An artificial collection of materials consisting of correspondence, writings, and other personal papers of the British author, journalist, literary critic and travel writer Rebecca West.
Dates: Late 1800s-1987
Scope and Contents The library of Sir Rupert Hart-Davis, publisher, editor, author and man of letters, contains over 18,000 volumes, many with letters and other correspondence tucked in. A man who enjoyed extraordinary position within the publishing profession, Hart-Davis was the literary executor for such authors as Edmund Blunden, Sir Max Beerbohm, Sir Hugh Walpole, and the poet, Siegfried Sassoon, all who entrusted to him what they cared about most. As an editor, Hart-Davis produced volumes of the letters of...
- Names: West, Rebecca, 1892-1983 X
- Authors and publishers. 3
- Women journalists -- Great Britain 3
- Biography as a literary form 2
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- West, Rebecca. 2
- Authors, English -- 20th century 1
- Authors, English -- 20th century -- Correspondence 1
- Autobiographies -- Women authors 1
- Carl E. Rollyson Library. 1
- English fiction -- 20th century. 1
- Feminism and literature -- England -- History -- 20th century. 1
- Literature. 1
- Motion picture actors and actresses -- United States -- Biography. 1
- Novelists, American -- 20th century -- Biography. 1
- Publishers and publishing. 1
- Special Collections -- Correspondence -- Hart-Davis, Rupert. 1
- Special Collections -- Correspondence. 1
- Special Collections -- Ephemera -- West, Rebecca. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Hart-Davis, Rupert. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Rollyson, Carl. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Secker, Martin. 1
- Women and literature -- England -- History -- 20th century 1
- Women in literature 1
- Women journalists -- Great Britain -- Biography 1
- Women novelists, English -- 20th century 1 ∧ less