Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Scope and Contents Consists of 89 handwritten letters and postcards, and 1 telegram to John E. Dobbin, Brion Gysin, and Sir Francis and Frederica Rose. Also included is one typed letter (as secretary to Gertrude Stein) to John Hinsdale Thompson.
Dates: 1933 - 1961
Scope and Contents The Caroline Gordon - Allen Tate correspondence consists of 50 autograph and typescript letters from Gordon to Robert Lowell and/or Jean Stafford (undated but probably c1940s) as well as 37 autograph and typescript letters and postcards from Allen Tate to Jean Stafford and/or Robert Lowell (dating from 1938-1970). The Tate correspondence includes: a carbon copy typescript to Dr. Merrill Moore concerning Lowell's mental health; a carbon copy typescript letter of concern about Lowell to...
Dates: 1938 - 1970
Scope and Contents The ephemera is grouped into four subjects: Correspondence, Writings, Photographs and Miscellaneous.The correspondence consists of photocopied and photographically reproduced autograph letters by Fitzgerald and two greeting cards signed by Zelda Fitzgerald.The writings, dating from 1920-1976, include two typescript draft poems attributed to Fitzgerald by S. Donovan Swann, Jr.; a facsimile of an autograph draft of a promotional piece for This Side of Paradise, a program...
Dates: 1919 - 1976
Scope and Contents J. Howard Woolmer collecton of Poetry Bookshop research materials consists largely of Woolmer's research materials and pre-publication drafts of the bibliography but includes PBS manuscripts and ephemeral printing. The collection is organized into two series: Series 1: Correspondence: Joy Grant: letters from British writers and collegues of Harold Monro in reply to Grant as she wrote Harold Monro and the Poetry Bookshop (London: Routledge and Kegan Paul, 1967) including correspondents J.R. ...
Dates: 1913 - 1988
Scope and Contents Correspondence and manuscripts of the American poet. Handwritten and carbon copy typescripts.
Dates: 1965 - 1974
Scope and Contents The Logan Pearsall Smith letters consist of 112 handwritten letters and postcards to Sir Kenneth Clark, (British art historian) and Jane (Clark's wife), Robert Gathorne Hardy, and Robert Trevelyan.
Dates: 1897 - 1944
Scope and Contents Consists of typescript and carbon typescript drafts, as well as working notes, for three novels and the signed offprint of an essay. Included in the collection is a letter from Samuel Epstein to Margaret Drabble, a letter from Margaret Drabble to Gordon Taylor (English Department, University of Tulsa) with an attached note from Taylor to Sid Huttner (Curator, Special Collections, University of Tulsa).
- Names: Woolmer, J. Howard X
- Authors, American -- 20th century. 3
- Novelists, American -- 20th century. 2
- American prose literature -- 19th century. 1
- Authors, American -- Correspondence -- 20th century. 1
- Authors, English -- 20th century -- Correspondence. 1
- Authors, English -- 20th century. 1
- English language -- Semantics. 1
- Essayists, American -- 20th century. 1
- Novelists, English -- 20th century. 1
- Paris (France) -- Intellectual life. 1
- Poetry bookshop collection. 1
- Poets, American -- 20th century. 1
- Publishers and publishing. 1
- Special Collections -- Correspondence -- Smith, Logan Pearsall. 1
- Special Collections -- Ephemera -- Fitzgerald, F. Scott. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Drabble, Margaret. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Fitzgerald, F. Scott 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Gordon, Caroline. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Jackson, Laura R. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Lowell, Robert. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Poetry Bookshop. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Stafford, Jean. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Tate, Allen. 1
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Toklas, Alice B. 1
- Stein, Gertrude, 1874-1946. 1 ∧ less