Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Scope and Contents This artificial collection has been compiled from a number of acquisitions and included handwritten and typed manuscripts of novels, novellas and short stories. Also diaries, notebooks, photographs, personal memorabilia and correspondence with theater critic Raymond B. Marriott, George Bullock, Rhys Davies and letters, notes and drawings from K. T. Bluth to Kavan. Kavan's artwork, predominantly water color but including oil, pen and ink, and goache.
Dates: 1867 - 1991; Majority of material found within 1903 - 1977
Scope and Contents This slender volume, similar to a scrapbook, contains two letters written and signed by Trumbull: one to Richard Rush regarding the death of artist Benjamin West, and the other to Sir Thomas Lawrence congratulating him on succeeding West as president of the Royal Academy. Another item in the book is a chart indicating the colors used in Trumbull’s painting “Our Savior Receiving Little Children.” This is followed by seven proofs, in various states, of an engraving of the painting...
Dates: 1820 - 1831
Scope and Contents Letter from Kavan to Rhys Davies; postcard from Kavan to Peter Davies; photo of Kavan; photos of Kavan's country and city residences; letter from Richard Centing to Rhys Davies including sample copy of "Under the Sign of Pisces" for which he was literary editor; "Books and Bookmen" article about Kavan; Theatre Cadair program for "Silverglass", a play by D.J. Britton; 2 Kavan self portraits.
Dates: 1943 - 1971
Merlin Holland collection of Peter Forster's De Profundis color woodblock prints, approximately 1991-2011
Scope and Contents Peter Forster's color prints and masks of the image "Awful Brevity" used in the 1991 Folio Society edition of Oscar Wilde's De Profundis. The prints serve as an illustrative example of the printmaking process.
Dates: 1991 - 2011
- Subject: Artists -- Great Britain X
- The University of Tulsa, McFarlin Library, Department of Special Collections & University Archives 3
- Helmerich Center for American Research at Gilcrease Museum. 1
- Novelists, English -- 20th century. 2
- Special Collections -- Manuscripts -- Kavan, Anna 2
- Women novelists, English -- 20th century 2
- Art and literature 1
- Art in literature 1
- Artists -- United States 1
- Authors, English -- 20th century 1
- English language and literature -- 20th century 1
- Special Collections -- Artwork -- Kavan, Anna. 1
- Special Collections -- Artwork. 1
- Special Collections -- Correspondence -- Kavan, Anna. 1
- Special Collections -- Ephemera -- Kavan, Anna. 1
- Wood-engraving, British -- 20th century 1 ∧ less
- Davies, Rhys, 1901-1978 2
- Kavan, Anna, 1901-1968 2
- Bluth, Karl Theodor, 1892-1964 1
- Bullock, George 1
- Centing, Richard R., 1936-2017 1