Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 26
Content Description Holograph, record book of brands and ear marks from ranches in northeastern Indian Territory. Title from purchase slip. Note laid in: This book of brands was compiled by John Franklin, Vinita, I.T., in the 1880s. Book cover: Compliments of the Standard Live Stock Commission Co. Capitol $200,000. Chicago, Ill.
Dates: approximately 1880
Scope and Contents Consists of 53 autograph and typescript letters and a variety of autograph and printed documents generated and/or received by the heirs of Albert Pike (Yvon and Lilian Pike) in their effort to receive monetary compensation for services rendered by Albert Pike in his capacity as legal counsel for the Choctaw Nation. Correspondents include Green McCurtain (Principal Chief of the Choctaw Nation), James K. Jones (U. S. Senator of Arkansas), Archibald S. McKennon (U. S. Department of the Interior,...
Dates: 1872 - 1901
Scope and Contents Correspondence, diaries, notebooks, Creek (Muskogee) tribal materials, scrapbooks, photos, memorabilia and printed matter, pertaining to Samuel Austein Worcester, missionary to the Cherokees, his daughter Anna Eliza Worcester Roberston, his granddaughter Alice Mary Robertson, her father William Schenck Roberson, other members of her family, the reverent Timothy Hill, Robert McGill Loughridge, John Lowrie, James C. Pilling, and Pleasant Porter. Concerns missions, indian education, printing and...
Dates: 1815 - 1932
An act to define the status of freedmen and their descendants now resident in the Cherokee Nation and who were slaves in the country at the commencement of the rebellion, approximately 1881
Identifier: E99.C5-C42 1881z
Scope and Contents Handwritten document which seeks to establish that all freedmen who were resident in the Cherokee Nation at the commencement of the American Civil War and who were at that time slaves of any Cherokee or other citizen and were liberated by voluntary act or by law but who did not necessarily return to the Cherokee country within the time specified within the treaty of 1866, be granted the same rights and privileges as other adopted citizens of the Cherokee Nation. Although the document was...
Dates: approximately 1881
Scope and Contents Manuscript of The Slaveholding Indians, which includes The American Indian as Slaveholder and Seccessionist; The American Indian as Participant in the Civil War; and The American Indian Under Reconstruction. Includes preliminary pages, footnotes, bibliography, maps, and printer's proofs of photographic illustrations.
Dates: approximately 1910
Brand book of the Muskoke and Seminole live stock: Together with their constitution and by-laws, adopted at Muskogee, Indian Territory
Identifier: SF103.4.I56-M87 1884
Scope and Contents A printed brand book detailing various brands used around Muskogee, Eufala, Okmulgee, and the region.
Scope and Contents This is an account of a fifteen day trip by horse and wagon from Mulberry, Franklin County, Arkansas, to Arkansas City Kansas by C. T. Wells and companions. There is a mention of George Perryman, a few places recorded, and some brief descriptions of various Indian agencies and the appearance of the country, forests and prairies; for example it does indicate the appearance of the prairie around Muskogee had not changed much between the 1830s’ and 1878.
Dates: 1878 - 1879
Scope and Contents This eleven page letter, written on June 18, 1836, to Adj. Gen. R. Jones, from Fort Coffee, discusses the situation of the troops in Arkansas Territory.
Content Description Handwritten record book ; "Hand-drawn and identified listing of brands and ear marks from ranches in northeastern Indian Territory, c.1882-1897", from guide to Oklahoma historical documents and photos collection, no further source given. Title from guide.
Dates: approximately 1880
Scope and Contents These papers consist of a miscellaneous collection of material including some correspondence of Col. Return J. Meigs, Senator Harlan, President Grant, Col. Stand Watie; documents regarding sale of two slaves from the James Vann (1811) estate; names entitled to draw in land lottery of Gold Region in Georgia (1832); Old Settlers' Council Proceedings (1838-1865), and a list of 119 Old Settlers' names. There are Sequoyan documents and notes on his syllabary, a map of New Echota, and a Brainerd...
Dates: 1804 - 1871
- Subject: Indian Territory X
- The University of Tulsa, McFarlin Library, Department of Special Collections & University Archives 21
- Helmerich Center for American Research at Gilcrease Museum. 5
- Cherokee Nation. National Council 2
- Milam, J. B. (Jesse Bartley), 1884-1949 2
- Robertson, Alice Mary, 1854-1931 2
- Worcester family 2
- Worcester, S. A. (Samuel Austin), 1798-1859 2
- Abel, Annie Heloise, 1873-1947 1
- Bass, William 1
- California State University, Chico. Meriam Library 1
- Charles Seluzicki, Fine and Rare Books. 1
- Colwell, Mollie 1
- Cookson, E. L. 1
- DeMoss, Robert W. 1
- Debo, Angie Elbertha, 1890-1988 1
- Donaldson, Thomas Blaine, 1876-1947 1
- Drew, John, c.1800-1865 1
- Eliot, T. S. (Thomas Stearns), 1888-1965 1
- Evans, Inez Lacey 1
- Evans, Robert L. 1
- Evans, Robley D. 1
- Farmer, David Robb 1
- Franklin, Ben 1
- Frye, C. O. 1
- Gilpin, George H. 1
- Grant, Ulysses S. (Ulysses Simpson), 1822-1885 1
- Harlan, James, 1820-1899 1
- Henneke, Ben Graf, 1914-2009 1
- Huttner, Sidney F. 1
- Jones, Roger, 1789-1852 1
- Joyce, James, 1882-1941 1
- Lawrence, D. H. (David Herbert), 1885-1930 1
- Lindsey, Lilah Denton, 1860-1943 1
- Logsdon, Guy William, 1934-2018 1
- Lowrey, H. C. 1
- Léon, Paul L. (Paul Léopoldovitch), 1893-1942 1
- Main Street USA Antiques 1
- Meigs, Return Jonathan, 1740-1823 1
- Misch, Fannie Brownlee 1
- Morris, Lerona Rosamond 1
- Muskoke and Seminole live stock association 1
- Naipaul, V. S. (Vidiadhar Surajprasad), 1932-2018 1
- Oskison, John M. (John Milton) 1
- Pike, Albert, 1809-1891 1
- Ross, John, 1790-1866 1
- Staley, Thomas F. 1
- Stuart, John, -1838 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 7th 1
- University of Tulsa. McFarlin Library. Department of Special Collections and University Archives 1
- Unknown provenance 1
- Vann, James, 1765 or 1766-1809 1
- Watie, Stand, 1806-1871 1
- Weaver, Harriet Shaw, 1876-1961 1
- Wells, C. T. 1
- Zoschack, Vic 1 ∧ less