Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 17
Scope and Contents 166 silver print photographs, 3 1/16 x 5 3/16 plus margins, each with a printed caption.A substantial group of World War I photographs portraying the men of the 604th Engineers, their activities and quarters, and a wide variety of scenes in the war zone. Included are views of such subjects as the regimental colors of the 604th, training at Camp Glenburnie in Maryland, troops on board the USS New Hampshire, troops marching toward the front, "gas mask training preparatory to going up...
Scope and Contents A personal archive of a WWI military nurse stationed in Gibraltar and Malta during the Great War between 1913 - 1918. Captures a unique view of the fighting in the Mediterranean during such battles as the Gallipoli Campaign of 1915 from the perspective of various nursing hospitals in Spain and Malta, but also includes images of soldiers in trenches. 2/3 of the photographs are accompanied by captions including locations, dates, and first or last names of individuals. Included is an image of...
Dates: 1911 - 1918
Content Description Miscellaneous collection of World War I letters, some service record materials, and personal papers.
Dates: 1917 - 1941
Scope and Contents This collection is comprised of twenty photographs ranging in dates from 1866 -1917. Seventeen of the photos were taken during World War I, mostly of U.S. and European soldiers in uniform. The WWI photographs were taken in England, France, and Russia. Two other photos were taken in 1866 and 1867 respectively, one is of a man in civilian clothing, the other is of a man in military uniform. Accompanying the picture of the soldier from 1867 are five military documents/correspondence ranging...
Dates: 1912 - 1919
Scope and Contents Diary of Lt. Thomas H. Travilla, Dentist, 310th Infantry, 78th Division, American Expeditionary Forces. Includes nearly 27 photographs, a leave of absence pass, and a map of Camp Dix.
Dates: 1918 - 1919
Content Description A personal archive of a WWI Rifleman stationed in Egypt, Palestine, Israel, Lebanon, Syria and Sudan between 1916 - 1920. Comprises primarily of correspondence written to and from Bert Hebbes. Over 240 long detailed letters from Bert Hebbes to his mother, father, and siblings with sketches and drawing throughout, including 4 letters with stunning watercolor drawings. Contains 50 letters written from his mother, siblings, and friends. Also included are over 40 newspaper clippings and 21...
Dates: 1916 - 1920
Scope and Contents A collection pf papers, letters and ephemera relating to Charles Alfred Bredin. A Diary and some materials set during his time in Co. D, 317th Machine Gun Battalion, 81st Division, AEF during the first World War. He later served with the 15th Infantry Regt. in China. Correspondence with his fiance, Grace Manning (AKA Olivia Lee Bredin). Bredin was originally from New York, and later moved to Tulsa in the 1930s.
Dates: 1918 - 1968; Majority of material found within 1926 - 1936
Scope and Contents Catalog of World War I archive of Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Lindon Smith of material gathered while preparing their work Rising above the Ruins in France.
These materials are in English and French.
These materials are in English and French.
Dates: 1914 - 1958; Majority of material found within 1914 - 1921
Scope and Contents Layouts of title page and preliminary pages, heavily revised typescript, mock-up/layout of proposed illustrations, and original specimen pages (Peter Owen Ltd/Daedalus Press 1978 edition) of Lady Peggy Hamilton's memoir, Three Years or the Duration, concerning women workers in English munition factories during World War I. The book was published in 1978 by Peter Owen.
Dates: 1914 - 1918
Scope and Contents Photo album contains 22 identified photographs, some of which are family portraits, the remainder of which are of men and women in uniform. Many of these deal with people who may have been affiliated with the 85 Squadron during their time at the Hounslow aerodrome in November 1917. Identified photos include "from Altrincham, Cheshire, A. Whitney", "Mrs Horace Levell & baby", "Jack Good", "85 Squadron", "Jim Davis", "Mrs. Herzog", "Billy Bishop".
Dates: 1917 - 1918
- Subject: Special Collections -- Photographs -- World War, 1914-1918 X
- Tavistock Books 5
- Byrnes, Ben 3
- Powers Rare Books 3
- Unknown provenance 3
- Charles Apfelbaum Rare Manuscripts and Archives 2
- James Arsenault Rare Books 2
- United States. Army. American Expeditionary Forces 2
- United States. Army. Infantry Division, 78th 2
- Bishop, William Avery 1
- Bredin, Charles Alfred 1
- Comité Franco-Americain pour la protection des enfants de la frontière 1
- Francine O'Hornett account 1
- Franco-American Committee for the Protection of the Children of the Frontier 1
- Great Britain. Army 1
- Great Britain. Army -- Ordinance and ordnance stores. 1
- Great Britain. Army -- Ordnance facilities 1
- Great Britain. Army. Queen Alexandra's Imperial Military Nursing Service. (Reserve) 1
- Great Britain. Army. Royal Hampshire Regiment (Isle of Wight Rifles) 1
- Great Britain. Army. Royal Irish Regiment 1
- Great Britain. Army. Royal Munster Fusiliers 1
- Great Britain. Ministry of Munitions 1
- Great Britain. Royal Flying Corps. Squadron, 85 1
- Hamilton, Peggy, Lady 1
- Hebbes, Bert, 1893-1977 1
- Lovell, William Vail, 1893-1976 1
- Martin, J. D. 1
- Rider-Rider, William, 1889-1979 1
- Smith, Corinna Lindon, 1876-1965 1
- Smith, Joseph Lindon 1
- St. Bartholomew's Hospital (London, England) 1
- St. Ignatius Hospital (Malta) 1
- Stars and Stripes (Newspaper) 1
- Tavistock Escrow Account 1
- Travilla, Thomas Hastings 1
- United States. Air Force 1
- United States. Army 1
- United States. Army. Aero Replacement Squadron, 1101st 1
- United States. Army. Aero Squadron, 22nd 1
- United States. Army. Engineer Battalion, 5th 1
- United States. Army. Engineers, 604th 1
- United States. Army. Field Hospital, 310th 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Division, 56th 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Division, 81st. 317th Machine Gun Battalion. Company D 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 15th. Company H 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 312th 1
- United States. Army. Sanitary Train, 303rd 1
- Welford, Alice, 1888-1918 1
- William Reese Co 1
- Young Men's Christian Association (England) 1
- Young Men's Christian Association (France) 1 ∧ less