Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 16
Scope and Contents The album documents barracks life, rifle range acitivity, the Army Service School, Leavenworth prison, engineer training (road march, bivouac, pontoon bridges, walls, base camps, and locomotives (including some from the Paris-Orleans railway), rolling stock (box cars, flat cars, and tank car gondolas), steam shovels, and trucks (5 ton and ambulances). Post-war images include vehicles, buildings, construction (railroad bridge, river lock, river boat crane, barges, paved roads, etc.).
Dates: 1917 - 1919
Content Description Correspondence, press cuttings, snapshots, documents, and memorabilia, all assumed to have originally been pasted onto black paper pages and housed in a post-bound,scrapbook with dark gray, cloth-covered covers. "My Memory Book" is stamped in gold in upper left corner of the front cover. Pages on which items were pasted are extremely soft, powdery and fragile; All items were carefully removed from the pages by archivist. The original order of the items appeared to be destroyed before...
Dates: 1912 - 1921
Scope and Contents 2 "Ideal Scrapbooks" containing clippings of the war. Hand numbered pagination. Each volume indexed by compiler, which precedes each book's major section. Each volume concludes with key listing newspaper clipping sources. Some clippings laid-in to rear of Book 2. Leaflet of the President's April 2, 1917 War Message is folded and stored in tipped-in envelope in read of Book 1. The majority of clippings are from Chicago, Louisville, or Lexington papers.
Dates: 1917 - 1918
Scope and Contents Scrapbooks kept by Eleanor Frame, dated 1936-1946, containing newspaper clippings and ephemera from her time spent at the University of Tulsa, and as a member of the TU chapter of the Chi Omega Sorority. There is some extra material that pushes the full dates to 1937-1946.
Dates: 1936 - 1946
Scope and Contents Two scrapbooks, 3 books of handwritten poetry, and wedding photos, all dealing with the TU alumna and coloratura soprano, Faye Beard Wilhoite.
Dates: 1926 - 1999
Scope and Contents The military records, service medals and insignia, photo albums, scrapbook and personal ephemera of George Akira Doi, who served during WWII in the 100th Infantry Division, an otherwise all-white unit. He saw combat in Europe and was decorated as “unquestionably the company’s best soldier.” George Akira Doi was the maternal grandfather of Kristi Yamaguchi (Olympic Gold Medalist figure skater).
Dates: 1941 - 1990; Majority of material found within 1941 - 1946
Scope and Contents A scrap book with announcements relating to Kendall College and the University of Tulsa School of Eloqution.
Dates: 1914 - 1939
Scope and Contents Schueller's Women Accepted for Volunteer Emergency Service (WAVES) service archive consisting of a scrapbook, uniform cap and pin, WAVES patch, pin-on tie, black leather equipment bag, two flight log books, several editions of Honolulu Air News, personal correspondence, and b/w snapshots. The scrapbook includes greeting cards & postcards, intratextual images in newspaper clippings and other memorabilia. Also included are 3 monographs: Angel of the Navy, Radio Navigation for Pilots,...
Dates: 1944 - 1947; Majority of material found within 1944 - 1945
Scope and Contents U.S. Army, World War II photo album documenting Richard Kenneth Lee's activities from Fort McClellan, Alabama to India (India-Burma Air Service Command, Karachi Air Base), 1942-1945. Richard Lee was with the US Air Force 479th Bomb Squadron. The album consists of 170 b/w photographs mounted in album with paper photo corners in a commercial photograph album with black cloth boards, patriotic emblem embossed and gilt stamped to cover, stating "My Photo-Memories of Service in the U.S. Army" and...
Dates: 1942 - 1944
- Subject: Special Collections -- Scrapbooks X
- Tavistock Books 7
- University of Tulsa 3
- Henry Kendall College (Tulsa, Okla.) 2
- Tavistock Escrow Account 2
- United States. Army. American Expeditionary Forces 2
- Amerada Petroleum Company 1
- Atlantic Oil Producing Company 1
- Beard, Faye Olga Wilhoite, 1908-1999 1
- Byrnes, Ben 1
- Chi Omega 1
- Cisco Oil Company 1
- Cisco-Sedwick-Putnam Oil Company 1
- Doi, George Akira 1
- Dutton, Davis, approximately 1937-2016 1
- Fort McClellan (Anniston, AL). 1
- Frame, Eleanor 1
- Francine O'Hornett account 1
- Harrison, Ben, 1833-1901 1
- Hill, Harry Blackburn 1
- Humble Oil Company 1
- International Petroleum Exposition (Tulsa, Okla.) 1
- International Petroleum Exposition and Congress (1923-1979). 1
- Keller, David Henry Esten 1
- Kennedy, Joe E., 1908-1990 1
- Kennedy, Samuel Grant, Dr., 1865-1941 1
- Lee, Richard Kenneth 1
- Marland Oil Company 1
- McFarlin Fellows Acquisition 1
- McKay, Bob 1
- Miller, John Oscar, d.1918 1
- Schueller, Mary Rose, 1909-1981 1
- Sedwick Oil Company 1
- Simons, Carl 1
- Simons, Gaylord 1
- Simons, Miles J. 1
- St. Mary's Company 1
- United States. Army. Signal Corps. Field Battalion, 315th. 1
- United States. Army. Engineer Battalion, 5th 1
- United States. Army. Engineer Regiment (Railway), 18th 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Division, 100th 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Division, 56th 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Division, 78th 1
- United States. Army. U.S. School of Military Aeronautics 1
- United States. Naval Reserve. Women's Reserve 1
- United States. Navy 1
- Unknown provenance 1
- Wilson, Faye V. 1
- Wyndham, Margaret Jane, 1872-1961 1
- Young Men's Christian Association (England) 1
- Young Men's Christian Association (France) 1 ∧ less